New York, NY
The Director of Financial Accounting will have a strong financial accounting background. He/she will lead the financial reporting group, oversee the day to day operations of the group and ensure all monthly reporting to be issued timely; in addition to ensuring the financial data shared with internal and external stakeholders is technically accurate and, complete. The Director is expected to provide sound and clear technical accounting guidance on any matter arising, particularly as it relates to financial reporting, policy and audit. The Director is expected to be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work collaboratively with various departments at all levels, be well organized, meticulous with detail
Our client is a vertically integrated private real estate company with expertise in investment management, property management, development, design, construction, leasing and finance. Their core growth strategy is focused on New York City and the surrounding Tri-State area – a magnet for talent both in the U.S. and across the globe. Their portfolio of approximately 25 million square feet of commercial properties and 6,300 multi-family and for sale units in various stages of development include Manhattan signatures the Helmsley Building, 75 Rockefeller Plaza, and luxury developments such as the Ritz Carlton Residences in North Hills, Long Island. The team, over 500 people strong, is proven across all facets of real estate, place-making, customer experiences, and building community. We’re proud to be a leader in creating high quality-of-life communities across the New York metropolitan region.
• As a member of the management team, create effective financial policies and procedures
• Manage and Oversee Financial Accountants
• Responsible for accurate recording and reporting of financials on a monthly basis
• Ensure timely closing of books and records monthly
• In charge of collecting reporting requirements for internal and external reporting
• Maintain reporting timetable and monitor progress against reporting cycle milestones
• In charge of timely issuance of monthly and quarterly financial statements of multiple development properties
• Review monthly and quarterly financial statements ensuring compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements under US GAAP • Review of partnership, loan and other documents
• Review and responsible for providing accurate workpaper package to Tax Department
• Assist with the monthly consolidation process, including working with various accounting teams across the Company on consolidation and elimination entries.
• Monitor the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting rules being KELLERAUGUSTA.COM BOSTON - NEW YORK - PALM BEACH deliberated by the SEC, the FASB and the PCAOB, among others. As well as assess the related financial and reporting impact of those rules that are relevant to the Company
• Assist with technical accounting research and documentation of new policies and procedures
• Coordinate with external auditors regarding the financial audit as well as controls testing
• Supervise annual financial statement audit process
• Review annual audited financial statements and footnote disclosures
• Other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in a Real Estate Development
• Certified Public Accountant is required