Our client is seeking a dynamic, experienced Director of Leasing. The Director of Leasing will oversee the leasing function for their portfolio. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate past experience leasing space to residential, office, retail and life science tenants. Responsibilities include managing staff, developing organizational structure, sourcing new deals, specialty leasing, the review and approval of leases, lease negotiations, creating merchandising plans, using financial analysis to evaluate deals, maintaining market information, managing lease renewals, analyzing and providing feedback on new development and acquisition opportunities.
- Oversee third party brokers to ensure that properties are being marketed effectively.
- Manage and oversee Leasing team.
- Coordinate with Asset Management in order to achieve budgeted property level objectives.
- Coordinate the marketing and leasing of available space throughout the portfolio.
- Create merchandising plans for existing assets, new acquisitions and new developments.
- Maintain relationships with existing tenants and establish new relationships with prospective tenants and tenant brokers.
- Review and negotiate letters of intent, leases and other related documents.
- Evaluate value-added opportunities through upgrading tenant mix and/or repositioning space within the portfolio.
- Provide leasing direction in the pre-development & entitlement process for proposed developments.
- Develop, update and present leasing reports to senior management.
- Provide income projections for the annual budget process and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist Development with creating income projections for proposed development pro-forma’s.
- Responsible for establishing and implementing leasing strategies for new development projects.
- Assist Acquisitions group with underwriting and research on proposed acquisition opportunities.
Our client has focused the last two decades on creating opportunities in gateway cities that have helped to transform communities through economic development and job creation. Their impact spans across development, commercial, residential, hospitality and wholesale. In all aspects of their business culture, our client focuses on maintaining their core values of continuous improvement, partnership and service.
- 7 to 10 years residential and office experience required, with minimum of 3 years management experience
- Proven track record positioning assets to maximize market potential
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, real estate, or related field
- Proven success in completing lease transactions, including renewals, terminations, expansions, and unexpected vacancies
- Strong negotiator with a proven track record (deal sheet required)
- Ability to manage relationships with brokers and leasing companies
- Expertise in Yardi, Building Engines, MS Office and Adobe