Director of Operations
North Palm Beach, Florida
The Director of Operations is responsible for the operation and management of the Company’s portfolio of medical office properties throughout the Southeast United States. The Director of Operations oversees all operations professionals, including regional property managers, property administrators, building engineers, leasing agents and on-site personnel. The Director of Operations also oversees internal corporate operations and marketing and administrative staff. The position will be based out of the Company’s corporate office in North Palm Beach, Florida and require occasional travel to properties.
I. Property Operations
- Direct and oversee all aspects of property operations for the Company.
- Hire, train and manage Regional Property Managers.
- Assist with acquisitions, dispositions, due diligence and closing of each property.
- Collaborate with finance and investment teams to develop strategy, objectives and performance metrics for each asset.
- Supervise preparation of annual property budgets and business plans.
- Implement and oversee budgets and business plans with property operations staff.
- Coordinate and oversee weekly Asset Management Meetings.
- Participate in monthly Financial Review Meetings.
- Oversee monthly reporting on the performance of each asset. Perform detailed review and present findings to executive management team.
- Oversee construction management process and establish techniques to save costs and improve efficiency.
- Oversee tenant support processes and establish methods to enhance tenant satisfaction.
- Oversee vendor management process and establish methods to save costs and improve efficiency.
- Perform routine property visits. Ensure all properties are operated and maintained in alignment with Company standards and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Liaise with tenants, health systems, vendors and other key relationships, as appropriate.
- Supervise operations team and attorneys in the negotiation and preparation of leases, contracts and related documents and oversee the pursuit/defense of any disputes or legal action.
- Maintain and oversee compliance with Property Operations Manual.
- Maintain and oversee compliance with Calendar of Key Deliverables.
II. Corporate Operations
- Oversee marketing platform and processes.
- Hire, train and manage Marketing Coordinator.
- Oversee corporate office operations and processes.
- Hire, train and manage Administrative Assistant and other administrative staff as needed.
- Assist with corporate growth and expansion, oversee set up of new offices and on-boarding of new employees.
Our client is a fully integrated real estate investment company that specializes in acquiring and enhancing medical office properties in major markets throughout the Southeast United States. The firm has a highly dedicated, customer-focused team of real estate professionals with expertise in all facets of real estate acquisitions, redevelopment, finance, operations and asset management. The firm currently owns and operates over 1.5 million square feet of space in its target markets and recently launched its fourth, fully-discretionary healthcare real estate investment fund to fuel growth and expansion throughout the Southeast.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of ten years of commercial real estate operations experience. This position requires demonstrated leadership abilities, a collaborative, proactive work style and strong communication and organizational skills. Must have a proven track record of analyzing and solving problems and managing multiple projects while meeting deadlines. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.