Our client, a real estate investment trust (REIT) focused on the acquisition and operation of single-tenant, industrial properties throughout the United States is looking for a Financial Analyst to join their team. The analyst will be responsible for supporting the investment process through quantitative and qualitative analysis. The primary function of the position is to work in conjunction with an Acquisition Officer to escort a transaction through the deal pipeline from origination to close. The Analyst will also work on portfolio-related analysis on an as-needed or ad hoc basis.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research the physical and financial attributes of an asset as well as conduct lease analysis to accurately underwrite acquisition opportunities and value existing assets within the portfolio.
- Work within the proprietary cash flow model to project the overall economic feasibility and performance of potential real estate acquisitions, dispositions and corporate finance projects.
- Participate in and conduct broker calls to understand asset specific market dynamics including market rents, comparable sales, downtime and rent growth.
- Produce memorandum materials on a weekly basis to be presented to members of the Investment Committee for initial deal approvals.
- Prepare letters of intent and review purchase agreement documents from a business perspective.
- Prepare full Investment Committee memorandums for the Management Investment Committee as well as the Board of Directors for larger transactions.
- Assist in the interpretation of all due diligence materials as well as preparation of closing documents.
- Other responsibilities include preparing cash flows for dispositions, lease analysis, and accounting purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics, Accounting, Finance, or Mathematics.
- 1-3 years of experience in a real estate or finance related industry.
- Highly motivated with a keen interest in real estate.
- Working knowledge of Argus / Argus Enterprise is preferable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Desire to work in a team environment, often under pressure.