ABOUT THE ROLE
Our client’s mission is to be Commercial Real Estate’s modern operating system, the place where deals happen, customer relationships are nourished, and real-time market data comes to life. They’re growing at an incredible pace and are looking for a talented Head of Market Research to join the team.
The Head of Market Research will lead research that will differentiate our client, build and maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace through market expertise, analysis, and insight. Your responsibilities will be to track and analyze the commercial real estate market with a focus on data collection, presentation, financial analysis. You will work closely with external research colleagues, brokerage professionals and clients. This role will also work in close collaboration with the Product team to ensure that they are constantly innovating and being the spokesperson for clients and prospects.
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing and creating content of actionable, commercial insights through presentations, whitepapers and other output that positions our client as the dominant voice in the industry and market
- May provide content support to leadership in order to assist in representing our clients’ perspectives on property and market dynamics in a specific sector or geography.
- Communicate data excellence and insights via traditional reporting products and the use of advanced data visualization tools
- Partner with brokerage leaders to contribute to business development efforts and grow the business
- Contribute to client presentations by covering market intelligence, trends, and statistics
- Acts as an active participation to support new business development initiatives
- Keep track and inform brokerage leaders of local and national commercial real estate news
- Provides analytical and collection support for global, regional and local research initiatives as needed
- Must be responsive to multiple internal and external constituencies—sales professionals, management, media, real estate associations, clients—by providing relevant insights on market conditions and trends.
Our client is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done - disrupting a $15 trillion dollar industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. They have invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to manage their entire leasing process to maximize revenue and performance. Their success shows in their numbers - they’ve grown 123% annually since 2013, and have over 11 billion square feet of commercial space managed by their platform today, and they've expanded to ~200 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join our client’s team as they continue to scale!
Their headquarters are in NYC, but they have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA and London, UK.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years professional experience
- Demonstrated passion in real estate with a strong commitment to learning micro- and macro-level market dynamics
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in complex situations. Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Must have a commercial mindset. Able to identify trends and think about the market in innovative ways. Can translate ideas into thoughtful deliverables that differentiate the company, our professionals and our products.
- A strong understanding of research fundamentals. Knowledge of how to apply research and data analytics expertise to benefit our brand and core businesses.
- Strong quantitative skill-set with ability to identify new insights and trends through data analytics
- Collaborative attitude and willingness to both work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to clients
- Ability to effectively prepare information for presentation by others at events and to clients.
- Team player. Able to work across Marketing, PR, Research, Operations and local and national leadership to achieve collective goals and create exponential results.
- Can oversee multiple projects or assigned project tasks, determine priorities and develop a through-line to completion, including harnessing the right resources and collaborating along the way