Interested and qualified candidates, please contact Sierra Olney,
| firstname.lastname@example.org | 401-487-4898 and/or Kaitlin Kincaid |email@example.com|
The Investment Associate role will focus on analyzing prospective investment opportunities for our client’s value-added real estate funds. Responsibilities include participating in the origination, negotiation, and documentation of new acquisitions, as well as assisting in the development of investment strategy and portfolio analysis. Candidates will possess strong quantitative and critical thinking skills, have experience investing in commercial real estate, and preferably will have worked in an institutional real estate environment. The position is located in Boston, MA.
• Assist investment team in the evaluation of investment opportunities consistent
with the fund’s investment criteria.
• Perform financial analysis of properties, tenants and markets (including rent and sales comps). Manage financial models utilizing both ARGUS and Excel to project cash flows, investment returns, asset valuations and analyze risk.
• Review and evaluate investment offerings from investment sale brokers, developers and owners.
• Assist in the development of investment recommendations based on underwriting assumptions and appropriate risk/return parameters to Investment Committee for approval.
• Interact with property management personnel, tenants, and local government officials; and ordering, coordinating, and analyzing third-party reports.
• Coordinate research in the assembly of market information, data gathering and relevant forecasts.
• Assist in the asset management of portfolio investments post-closing through ultimate liquidation.
Our Boston based client was founded 10 years ago as an entrepreneurial real estate firm with a deep investment history. The senior principals have invested throughout the peaks and troughs of economic and property market cycles with over 25+ years in the business. Since the inception of their first fund in 2012, they have invested nearly $900 million of equity in more than 50 investments across the U.S. with a gross value of $2.7 billion. Their investment criteria target all major asset classes with a gross property value of $25-150 million with investment strategies in lease-up, repositioning, recapitalization, management turnaround, and development.