REPORTS TO: Director, Origination
Firm & Position Overview:
Our Client is a leader in financing commercial real estate throughout the United States, including multifamily properties (including small balance), affordable housing, office, retail, manufactured housing, seniors housing and healthcare, industrial, and self-storage facilities. Our Client offers Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and HUD/FHA in addition to its own proprietary loan products. Since inception, our Client has structured more than $27.5 billion of loans and today maintains a servicing portfolio of more than $15.1 billion. Headquartered in New York City, our Client has 241 professionals in 25 locations throughout the United States.
Reporting to the Director of Origination, under the overall direction of Managing Director, the Junior Originator will work side- by-side with seasoned professionals on a substantial volume of transactions. The Junior Originator will work on live transactions as they move from origination to closing and interact with a wide range of industry participants. The Junior Originator will be researching and reaching out to multifamily owners nationwide and working with the Director of Origination to build relationships. This role requires a self-motivated, team player who has strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a fast- moving environment with excellent management and business literacy skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing support for the Origination team – sourcing and engaging of new financing transactions
- Researching active debt and identifying potential opportunities for refinance.
- Prepare detailed financial analysis for each prospective multifamily client.
- Prepare quotes and application packages, term sheets, agreements, and contracts.
- Prepare market research and analysis.
- Consistent new client outreach through emails, leads, and potential cold-calling.
- Assist Originators with prospecting and soliciting new clients.
- Writing, editing and production of communications to clients and potential financing sources.
- Assist the Director to manage new customer relationships throughout the onboarding process.
- Review and analyze loan transaction packages for preliminary qualification.
- Help assemble all required documentation for processing and underwriting on each transaction and assist Originator to manage customer relationship throughout the due diligence process.
- Interface with production team, senior management, underwriting team, legal counsel, and developers/owners as needed.
- Perform as a key member of Origination/Sales team with ability to communicate at highly sophisticated level.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Skills / Experience Requirements
- 0-3 years of experience in real estate related financial analysis for a lending institution, brokerage firm or investment firm. Previous sales experience preferred.
- Understanding of multifamily rental property asset class preferred.
- Working knowledge of real estate finance, deal structuring, and client interaction.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications. Advanced excel and financial modeling skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team.