Firm & Position Overview:
Our client is an international real estate investment management firm with offices in 31 cities and 15 countries across North America, Europe, and Asia. They control nearly $10 billion in equity and have $20 billion assets under management making it among the top 50 real estate investment managers in the world, all while holding top decile performance for the past decade among the 488 of the world’s leading private equity real estate firms. They specialize in the acquisition, development, leasing, and management of industrial, office, and related business park properties across North America and Europe through an array of value add and core return private equity investment vehicles.
The firm was founded in 2006 by a seasoned team with a long history and shared investment philosophy. Drawing on over 25 years of experience throughout multiple real estate market cycles, the firm’s principals believe that superior returns are generated from aggregating diversified portfolios of properties that meet tenants’ needs for value proposition and functionality and consequently provide investors with a high level of cash flow as well as value-add growth and capital appreciation potential. The firm implements this tenant-focused property strategy from its multiple regional offices, allowing them to select and operate real estate in a direct and highly engaging manner.
- Source new building acquisitions and land development opportunities.
- Prospect and keep current on all tenant prospects and tenant rep brokerage assignments in the market assigned to secure leases for all assigned vacant space.
- Work with other members of the team to fill vacancies and renewals in the portfolio.
- Develop and maintain strong, trustworthy relationships with the commercial brokerage community in the submarkets in which we operate, including the formation of professional relationships with senior real estate executives of corporations based in markets where you operate to effect build-to-suit and sale/leaseback opportunities.
- Diligently pursue build-to-suit and buy-to-suit opportunities in service to prospective tenants and tenant rep brokers in a designated market.
- Manage teams of attorneys, engineers, general contractors, and construction managers to design and secure entitles on land development sites.
- Draft lease proposals.
- Work with analysts to underwrite acquisitions and lease transactions.
- Assist Accounting and Finance teams in their preparation of quarterly valuations and portfolio analysis.
- Assist with planning, implementation, and accountability of all marketing efforts within your submarkets.
- Collect and analyze market data including recent sales and lease transaction terms.
- Develop financial models and other analytic tools for lease analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Acquisitions, leasing, and/or asset management experience at an operator; industrial or office experience preferred.
- Proven success in completing lease transactions including renewals, terminations, expansions, and unexpected vacancies (deal sheet required).
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, real estate, or related field is preferred.
- Strong negotiator with a proven track record of success.
- Flexibility to travel as required to perform responsibilities including attending regional and national events.
- Ability to manage relationships with brokers and leasing companies.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects, markets, and assets simultaneously.
- High integrity, drive, and intellectual curiosity are a must, with the ability to maintain balance and a rational perspective in all circumstances.
- Proficiency with web-based leasing platforms and MS Office required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation and business writing skills.
- Attention to detail, team player, and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Financial and investment acumen, specifically, real estate sector experience & knowledge.
- Persistence in all things – finding a route to the equity & investor decision-makers, closing out project items.