Firm & Position Overview:
Our client’s retail portfolio comprises roughly 87 assets enclosing more than 14.6 million square feet in 16 states and Puerto Rico. Properties included enclosed regional malls, power centers, neighborhood centers and single-tenant buildings. Mall tenants include department stores, theaters, in-line shops, restaurants, kiosks, carts, other revenue-generating activities and outparcels. Power and neighborhood centers include big boxes, junior boxes, other shops, grocers, gas stations, outparcels and other revenue-generating activities. The client has multiple development and redevelopment projects underway at all times. It also acquires and sells properties.
The firm is currently looking for a dynamic, motivated Leasing Manager with specialty retail leasing experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment to join the leasing team, under the direction of the Director of Specialty Leasing. The Leasing Manager will be responsible for all specialty leasing activities for the Bergen Town Center property.
- Responsible for leasing common areas including inline vacancies, carts, kiosks, storage, vending and ancillary retail.
- Participate in the creation of leasing budgets and leasing assumptions to ensure timely completion of deals creating long-term value for the portfolio.
- Prepare monthly leasing reports
- Coordinate set up and take down of tenant moves.
- Coordinate permitting process for tenants
- Oversee tenant communication, insurance and filing needs.
- Update and maintain floor plans
- Manage sales and rent collection
- Prepare presentations for advertisements and sponsorships
- Must a have car and able to travel to properties.
- Execute the tasks necessary to accomplish leasing goals, including, but not limited to, canvassing, setting up meetings, showing space, preparing and negotiating proposals, obtaining market comparable, and other follow up tasks as necessary.
- Canvas local, regional, and national retailers, through cold calling and relationship building.
- Maintain solid understanding of competitive properties, market knowledge and critical market dynamics
- Attend trade shows and conventions as required
- Participate in Manager on Duty rotation and function as part of the Management Team for the Shopping Center
- Negotiate and prepare all license agreements obtaining necessary approvals and required documentation and fees for execution
- 2+ years of leasing or marketing experience in commercial real estate or retail experience
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients and retailers across a broad spectrum of categories and price points
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to present effectively one-on-one and in groups
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe, PowerPoint
- Proven ability to manage and communicate effectively with all levels of employees, customers and stakeholders
- Proven ability to use judgment and discretion to make the appropriate decision regarding merchandising at different locations
- Ability to understand the current and future impact of all negotiated decisions
- Must have strong selling skills and effective negotiating and closing skills that support the Company’s business philosophies
- Ability to multitask with strong problem solving, organizational and project management skills