Firm & Position Overview:
Our client is a global architecture firm focused exclusively on interiors that provides strategic planning, interior architecture, and design services for corporations, businesses, and institutions.
The Managing Director is responsible for developing and maintaining a profitable office. This includes managing the design, financial, human resources and technical functions of the office in a manner that is consistent with firm-wide standards and objectives, as well as contributing to both office and firm-wide marketing and business development goals.
- Provides design direction
- Establishes short and long-term objectives for sales, profit, productivity and expense reduction. Ensures that objectives are consistent with corporate goals and priorities.
- Monitors financial performance and makes required adjustments to meet or exceed profit goals for the office.
- Develops and communicates a vision for the office.
- Fosters an environment of open communication and mutual respect.
- Develops and promotes strong relationships within the office and throughout the firm.
- Determines staffing requirements and ensures proper utilization of staff.
- Hires, trains, develops and manages staff.
Marketing/ Business Development
- Directs the business development activities of the office by staying abreast of current trends and practices in the marketplace.
- Increases the firm’s profile and develops marketing and business development opportunities by participating in and assuming leadership roles in industry and community organizations.
- Develops and nurtures long-term client relationships.
- Ensures adherence to office and firm-wide technical standards.
Education and Work Experience
- Graduate of an accredited architecture or design school.
- Licensed architect preferred.
- 10+ years on commercial interior design projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the commercial interior architecture and/or design industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of interior design.
- Comprehensive knowledge of design intent and practices.
- Intermediate MS Office application skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced presentation and graphic communication abilities.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Advanced supervisory, leadership and team building skills.
- Proven ability to define and communicate a vision.
- Extensive knowledge of budget preparation and the proven ability to manage projects within budgetary constraints.
- Proven ability to analyze financial data and implement initiatives that contain costs and maximize profitability.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage diverse responsibilities within allotted time and/or budget.