Interested and qualified candidates please contact:
Ellen Haber, Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org; 917-842-0328
Our client is looking for a senior, experienced, and hands-on Managing Director (“MD”) to manage the Company’s activities
in Greater Atlanta, South East Region. The MD will be responsible for the implementation and execution of regional
development transactions, including coordination and communication with venture partners and will manage the Company’s efforts to identify, process, and close new development transactions; oversee the construction of active projects; and play an active role in the management and disposition of completed developments.
• Source new development opportunities, through developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
including brokers, consultants, land sellers, capital markets team members, lenders, etc. to identify feasible,
financeable, and profitable new initiatives.
• Develop, manage, nurture and collaborate with land owners, brokers, lenders and other deal source networks;
maintain productive relationships with architects, attorneys, engineers, government officials, vendors and
community partners to originate and execute multifamily projects.
• Manage the pre-entitlement/entitlement process by maintaining accurate pursuit cost forecasting and reporting, and
implement and execute programs and processes to ensure pro-forma development budgets, underwriting, schedules,
quality, and standards are met and completed in accordance with adopted corporate policies.
• Assist in the negotiation of legal instruments including contracts, easements, term sheets, loan documents, joint
venture agreements, municipal agreements, joint development agreements, etc.
• Manage development projects under construction to ensure developments remain on time and on budget; manage a
regional team of development managers and construction managers and coordinate with third-party general
contractors to achieve business plan goals on specific assets.
• Manage third-party consultants to identify, entitle, design, finance, permit, construct, lease, manage and dispose of
new development projects.
• Lead regional team meetings and calls, keep team members informed about status of new development work, and
actively work with the team on new business development, and other RFPs.
• Accountable for coordinating work activities, ensuring open communication between consultants and regional
project team members, capital markets team members, corporate executives and lenders as needed.
• Manage and maintain a pipeline of land for new development.
Our client is a vertically integrated real estate investment firm focused on the U.S. residential sector. Since 2011, the firm
has invested more than $4.5 billion across more than 28,000 multifamily and student housing units nationwide and is
currently expanding its acquisition and development activities in the Sunbelt region. The firm has more than 90 professionals
in four offices throughout the United States; Atlanta, Georgia; Boca Raton, FL; Dallas, TX; and Stamford, CT.
Knowledge and involvement in current multifamily deal flow in the South East; deep and broad experience in multifamily
development and new construction, including market and sub-market familiarity with the demand drivers
supporting the growth, together with prior entitlement experience and a solid understanding of construction means
• Ability to creatively solve problems and overcome development challenges in high barrier to entry market.
• Follows procedure and protocol. Focused level of attention and concentration to the tasks at hand.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Effectiveness of both written and verbal skills. Communicates and/or understands instructions, sells ideas,
obtains acceptance and action. Accurately informs supervision and subordinates of important developments.
• Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets and make
sound long-term investment decisions.
• Demonstrates resourcefulness and independence in carrying out responsibilities and assignments.
• Enables success in both employees and peers through mentoring, coaching and decisive administration.
• Extensive experience in negotiating Architectural and Engineering Consulting Agreements, Easement Agreements
and other related documents affecting title and survey.
• Makes systematic use of organizational systems and processes. Takes an organized, logical approach to thinking
• Regularly exercises independent judgment and decision-making to resolve day-to-day operational issues.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
• 10+ years of multifamily real estate development experience along with knowledge or development best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to create and execute successful projects completed on schedule, on budget and with high
quality and significant community impact.
• Strong negotiating and collaboration skills as well as sound political judgment.
• Strong ability to problem solve and multi-task in fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to read, write, negotiate, and communicate effectively, to comprehend and/or complete legal
contracts, loan documents, financial spreadsheets, to create and make presentations to Executive members and
lenders, and to draft internal Investment Committee Memoranda and contribute to the production of Private
Placement Memoranda. Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend architectural, structural engineering and civil
• Demonstrated success working in a team-oriented setting, and interacting with multiple departments (Development,
Construction, Asset Management, Property Management, and Capital Markets) that provide functional expertise
and insights toward proper product positioning.
• Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to lead, direct, evaluate, and mentor subordinate and
peer employee staff, as well as consultant teams
• Demonstrated high proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel to complete required reports.