The firm is looking for an experienced Property Accountant to join the team, servicing a mixed portfolio of commercial and residential assets.
- Open mail daily. Stamp date received.
- Prepare utility trend sheets for utility bills.
- Review all vendor statements.
- Process checks within 24 hours of receipt and prepare deposit.
- Process and pay mortgages, real estate taxes, employee rents, evictions, reserves, inter-company bills, employee reimbursements, other recurring vouchers and any other bills that do not need manager approval.
- Process approved invoices. Research any 'past due' amounts or 'credit balances forward'.
- Pay mortgages, condo fees, utilities, advertising, insurances, monthly reserves and other invoices that need to be paid by due dates.
- Keep an "Open Invoice" report listing all unpaid invoices in folder at all times.
- Input changes to tenant accounts within 48 hours.
- For any receipts or transfer sheets that cannot be processed – contact appropriate property personnel. Keep an "Open Item" folder.
Property Management Reports
- Review prepaid and delinquent reports weekly. Determine corrective action and make any necessary changes to tenant account.
- Review Move-In and Move-Out reports and gross potential reports weekly.
- Review lease expirations at the beginning of each month. Review increase reports and letters.
- Review CPI increases monthly for commercial properties. Send increase letters to tenants and copy Property Manager.
- Prepare folder with open invoices, Open Invoice Report, Detail GL for Operating Cash Account, and Income Statement vs Budget.
- Review Income Statement vs Budget and understand any major variances.
- Make adjustments as needed.
- Ensure that all receipts from property personnel are in for processing.
- Review Delinquent and Prepaid reports.
- Process move-outs and move-ins.
- Roll rents as soon as move-ins are complete.
- Review Gross Potential reports. Research and correct miscellaneous credits, delinquencies and lost days.
- Run income statement vs budget.
- Run balance sheet.
- Prepare all financial reports for Controller.
Reserve Excel Sheets
- Keep reserve excel sheets up to date for all G/L activity each month. Reconcile balances. Bring any discrepancies or over or under funded balances to Controller for review and adjustment.
- Prepare tax work papers including all backup and schedules tied to trial balance.
- Budgets - prepare projected, annual utility schedules for property managers.
- Prepare insurance schedules and input.
- Review budgets from managers. Input budgets and payroll budgets from payroll administrator.
- After operating budgets are complete, review reserve excel sheets and send to property managers to be used for Capital Budget preparation.
- Reconcile annual CAMs.
- Review real estate tax bills and valuations. Update real estate tax excel schedules with annual changes.
Our client is a private real estate developer in business in Boston for over 40 years. The firm’s diverse portfolio includes both residential and commercial assets across a wide range of market sectors. The organization holds its assets long term and self manages.