Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume to:
Christina Smith | email@example.com | 617.247.0505
Ryan MacDonald | firstname.lastname@example.org | 617.247.0505
Position: Commercial Property Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Property Management
Company Overview: Our client specializes in the management of commercial and multi-family properties throughout the New England and North Carolina. Consistently listed on the Commercial Property Managers list published by the Boston Business Journal, our client’s goal is to manage environments in which people thrive in their work and lives. Over 23,200 people live or work in the 6+ million square feet currently under their management.
Overview: The Commercial Property Manager position is responsible for the day-to-day management of three downtown Boston assets and two suburban assets in the company’s portfolio, in accordance with the Management Agreements, goals and objectives of the Ownership, and our client’s policies and procedures. The position will be based out of both the company’s Burlington MA office and at one of the downtown assets.
General Responsibilities: The Commercial Property Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of assigned properties, including all maintenance and repair, tenant relations, owner relations, budgeting, monthly financial reporting, capital planning, etc in accordance with the Management Agreements for the properties. The Property Manager creates, administers, bids, and approves all maintenance and service contracts. The Property Manager handles all tenant complaints and requests, and is knowledgeable of the terms of tenant leases. Additionally, the Property Manager is responsible for the preparation of the annual budgets and the monthly reporting on the financial performance of the properties. All of the above responsibilities will be carried out in accordance with our client’s policies and procedures and any specific client/partner requirements.
• Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner, and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff. Follow-up with tenants to insure satisfactory resolution of any issues. Proactively manage the property to minimize tenant complaints. Arrange for 24-hour emergency coverage for the property at all times.
• Provide excellent client service. Ensure all reports and budgets are completed accurately and submitted on time.
• Oversee all vendors and personnel working at the property to maintain a high standard of performance in accordance with the terms of contracts and the expectations of the owners and tenants.
• Conduct regular inspections of the property to ensure compliance with life safety policies, and the proper upkeep of the property and periodic inspections of tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases.
• Understanding of building systems, HVAC, roof, elevator, building envelopes etc
• Prepare and present to ownership the annual operating budgets which include leasing assumptions for the coming year, commissions, tenant and capital improvements,
energy costs, life safety systems, and all other income and expense categories of the P&L. • Review, approve, and ensure that the invoices are properly coded for the property.
• Read and abstract all new leases and amendments in a timely fashion and ensure that property and lease files (electronic and hard copy) are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with company policy.
• Oversee the preparation of the monthly financial reports for the properties in accordance with the reporting deadlines and provide ownership with a summary of operations, including leasing activity, variances to the budget, tenant issues, and capital projects.
• Oversee the preparation of year-end CAM and RETX reconciliation invoices in cooperation with the Property Accountant and property management team and ensure they are submitted for payment in a timely and accurate manner.
• Monitor and report on accounts receivables. Oversee collection efforts in accordance with company and management agreement policies.
• Act as Project Manager overseeing the bidding and implementation of tenant improvement and capital improvement projects on the properties.
• Oversee and administer tenant move ins and move outs, including preparing lease abstracts, reviewing and communicating yield-up provisions, and conducting final inspections.
• Assist the leasing team in maximizing efforts to market the property to prospective tenants, including preparing vacant spaces to show and enhancing common areas and amenities.
• Raise the environmental awareness at the properties by recommending and implementing effective sustainable strategies to help lessen the company’s impact on the environment and achieve economic benefits.
Keys to Success: The successful candidate will be a well-organized, proactive self-starter, placing a high priority on excellent customer and client service, attention to detail, flexibility, excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, timeliness and accuracy of work, and a passion for working in commercial real estate.
• Graduate Degree
• 3- 5 years’ experience in commercial real estate, either as an Assistant Manager or Property Manager.
• Strong knowledge of commercial buildings and building systems.
• A solid understanding of commercial leases.
• Budgeting and financial reporting expertise.
• Working knowledge of Timberline, MRI or Yardi software, Microsoft Office and Excel, and Aware Manager.