Our client operates as a real estate development and leasing firm. The Company offers services including site selection, property acquisition and management, permitting, project management, leasing, finances, and marketing. The client provides services in areas such as shopping and retail centers, power centers, and urban mixed-use projects.
The property manager will report to the Senior Property Manager and manage the operations of several small portfolios and other projects as assigned, at the least possible cost to produce the maximum return on the investment dollars, maintaining the property at the established levels of protection, care and maintenance.
• Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff. Follow-up with the tenant to insure satisfactory resolution of the issue. Ensure that there is 24-hour emergency coverage for the properties at all times.
• Oversee all vendors and personnel working at the property to maintain a high standard of performance in accordance with the terms of the contracts and the expectations of owners and tenants.
• Ensure that all contractors and vendors working at the properties have current insurance certificates on file meeting the minimum insurance requirements.
• Conduct periodic inspections of the properties and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases, compliance with life safety policies, and the proper upkeep of the property
• Work with the Senior Property Manager and Ownership accounting to manage the preparation and presentation to ownership of the annual operating budget including the gathering of information such as quotes, energy consumption records, market data, etc. that will be needed in compiling the budget.
• Review, approve, and properly code all invoices for the properties.
• Prepare monthly variance reports for Senior Property Manager review and approval for presentation to ownership
• Assist Senior Property Manager and Accounting teams in the preparation of year-end CAM and RE Tax reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner.
• Monitor and manage problem tenants Accounts Receivables. Set up and participate in monthly Accounts Receivable meetings with appropriate parties to ensure all income is received and posted correctly.
• Secure bids for capital expenditure – submit to Senior Property Manager to Secure approval from ownership and implement.
• Assist the leasing team with maximizing efforts to market the property to prospective tenants.
• Assist Senior Property Manager in managing and overseeing LL and Tenant work. Review and mark up LOIs. Facilitate the scope/price of potential build outs. Track corresponding TI payments and all lease requirements for processing such payments.
• Handle tenant and owner requests for signage and ensure compliance with zoning and lease provisions.
• Review tenant construction plans and approve standard rules and regulations.
• Provide proper tenant relations for tenant services, alterations, decorations, and construction work being
done in building.
• Work with Marketing Manager to promote properties through social media, branding, and website(s), as
• Reporting to Ownership on a monthly basis. Leasing, operations, financials.
• Provide new tenants with an introduction letter regarding emergency contacts, insurance requirements, rent
collection procedures, and maintenance request procedures. Coordinate entry of all property information and
establish reporting protocols for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance, vendor and tenant
Certificates of Insurance and key lease date tracking.
Other Job Functions
• Communicate with other departments to coordinate work and achieve objectives.
• Attendance of all scheduled Property Management staff meetings and participation in trade and
Processional Associates (i.e., LEED, BOMA, IFMA).
• Bachelor’s Degree. CPM and/or RPA designation preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years of property management experience, preferably in commercial management.
• Must have strong financial skills.
• Ability to work well with a variety of different individuals both inside and outside of the company.
• May perform other duties as assigned.