Interested and Qualified candidates, please submit resume to:
Lauren Hodgetts, Director| email@example.com | 917-270-4139
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Over the last six decades, our client has built a nationwide reputation as one of the most innovative and versatile owners and developers of commercial real estate. With a long track record of increasing value by creating sustainably profitable properties throughout the United States, they have owned, developed, leased and managed over 7,000,000 square feet of retail, office, residential, industrial and hospitality properties. In the past three years, the company has completed $43 million of capital expenditures and secured $30 million of debt financing.
Additionally, our client is a nationally-recognized leader in environmentally-sustainable real estate concepts. They are dedicated to ensuring that all of their projects employ methods and practices that serve to sustain the environment and positively impact the welfare of the planet and future generations.
• Report directly to the Senior Vice President - Asset Management
• Maintain properties to first-class standards with eye toward being an owner.
• Bid and negotiate individual maintenance agreements (i.e. parking lot cleaning, landscaping, etc.)
• Review and approve expense on ongoing invoices
• Prepare annual operating budgets
• Understand complexities of sophisticated retail and office leases. Execute leasing strategies for lease restrictions, CAM calculations and other financial obligations of each property.
• Work closely with our construction management team during new tenant fit-up and building capital improvement projects
• Maintain operating expenses within budgeted annual allowances
• Inspect assigned properties in accordance with company procedures
• Be a very process-oriented manager.
• Identify physical improvements and deficiencies and correct them in accordance with budget guidelines and established property standards.
• Maintain an on-going set of one-time project recommendations and capital improvement programs.
• Interface with tenants, vendors, leasing and construction departments, third party contractors and senior management to ensure effective property operation
• Work with accounting team to manage base rent, recoverable expenses, and percentage rent in accordance with lease agreements.
• Follow up on late rent payments. Issue late notices, negotiate payment plans with delinquent tenants, and initiate collection proceedings as needed
• Obtain and track tenant gross sales and insurance information, property information sheets, site plans, roof inventory spreadsheets, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree and 7-12 years’ experience in commercial property management across several
asset classes preferred
• Considerable knowledge of real estate principles including physical plant management and leasing (retail and office management experience is preferred)
• Must be able to operate in a Windows environment with high proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
• Possess written and oral communications skills to present information in a clear and concise manner
• Be willing to learn specific property management software and navigate accounting software
• Proactive work ethic with strong problem-solving skills
• Possess strong organizational skills
• Is a great team player
• Willingness to travel
• Construction knowledge and oversight a plus