Our client is a privately-held owner operator with a mixed portfolio of assets consisting of several Class B commercial properties in Boston’s Back Bay; one commercial /residential property in Boston’s Back Bay; two residential properties in Brookline, Massachusetts; one Class B commercial property in Providence, Rhode Island; a retail/ restaurant space in Boston; and an office/retail complex both in Boston’s Back Bay.
About the Job
The Property Manager will directly manage and oversee a core portfolio of nine commercial and residential assets in Boston, Brookline and Providence. The Property Manager will also manage and oversee other buildings and projects as may be assigned from time to time. Job duties may be amended or modified in the sole discretion of the employer.
The Property Manager will liaise and consult with and report to the Director of Property Management, the Sr. Vice President/Director of Leasing, First Vice President/CFO, and Executive Vice President on an as-needed basis and depending upon the issue or topic.
General Facilities Management
- Conduct regular inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases, policies, and proper property upkeep.
- Coordinate and supervise vendors and service providers to ensure each property is maintained at a high level.
- Work with contractors to estimate, budget and schedule projects.
- Work with leasing and accounting departments to identify, prioritize, budget and schedule projects.
- Devise, prepare, and maintain necessary forms and reports to effectively schedule and follow through on current and future projects.
- Manage contracts and relationships with service providers to ensure cost effectiveness and quality of work.
- Understand building codes and standards.
- Coordinate with the condominium owners' executive office, local vendors, and contractors for the single residential units.
- Devise, prepare, and maintain necessary forms and reports to effectively schedule and follow through on office and maintenance work.
- Handle all details of move-ins and move-outs and tenant fit up.
- Attend meetings when requested.
- Be available for on call response to emergencies.
- Assist the Director of Property Management in supervising Administrative Assistant in the performance of his/her job duties including day-to-day management of systems and databases at all properties including building management systems, closed-circuit TV, access control, signage, visitor management, emergency broadcast network, etc. (Building Engines, AMAG, Easy Lobby, Touchsource, etc.).
- Communicate with tenants and manage the properties to the highest standards.
- Ensure that tenants are provided with a clean and well-maintained environment.
- Develop, foster and maintain day-to-day relations with tenant contacts. Ensure tenant needs and requests are being met to their expectations.
- Resolve tenant issues and requests in a timely manner. Identify when to escalate issues to senior management. Follow up with tenants to ensure satisfactory resolution of any issues.
- Respond to accidents and emergency situations as needed, taking immediate steps necessary to neutralize or control the emergency as much as possible; report to senior management as appropriate.
- Respond to maintenance and security issues, tenant issues and emergency calls at all assigned properties.
- Ensure all maintenance requests are handled on a time sensitive basis subject to the nature of the request. Communicate any delays to tenants.
- Disseminate all pertinent building information to tenants.
- Input, update and review maintenance requests in work order system.
Financial Related Activities
- Review, approve, and/or code invoices in a timely fashion, verifying accuracy of amounts due.
- Assist with the preparation of and implementation of operating and capital budgets including planning, prici ng and scheduling.
- Assist in preparation of year-end CAM reconciliation invoices in cooperation with accounting department.
- Oversee, obtain and track tenant and vendor COIs in work order system.
- Assist in collections and prepare collection notices (subject to input from Sr. Vice President/Director of Leasing, Executive Vice President, and legal counsel).
- Provide support for Senior Vice President/Director of Leasing including, developing budgets for tenant improvements, and scheduling and coordination of work.
- Provide transaction support for lease deals such as tenant improvement pricing and coordination with contractor(s).
- Responsible for coordinating marketing of potential vacant apartments and parking spaces and the annual rental of the same under the supervision of the Senior Vice President /Director of Leasing
- Responsible for inspecting each potential vacant apartment and determining and coordinating timely renovation work and budget for such apartments and incoming tenants
- Responsible for move outs and move-ins of all residential tenants and parking tenants.
- Supervise and expedite in-coming tenant application processing and verification.
- Other such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- 4-year college degree (B.A., B.S., or B.B.A.).
- IREM RPM or CPM certification or similar designation (or willingness to complete coursework to achieve certification).
- Experience/familiarity with relevant software such as Excel, Building Engines or other
- facilities management software, etc.
- 5 years of experience in residential/commercial facilities and property management.