Our client is one of the largest privately-held real estate organizations in New England. The company owns, manages, and leases over 2.8 million square feet of commercial space and in excess of 5,600 residential units throughout Greater Boston. The firm is looking for an experience residential Property Manager to oversee operations at one of the company’s most high profile residential assets.
This Property Manager will manage a 400-unit market rate apartment property with 400 parking spaces. The PM is responsible for maximizing income while maintaining a safe, clean and attractive environment for residents. This PM will oversee and coordinate all property management, building operations and maintenance, and construction activities.
- Ensure buildings comply with all ordinances and code requirements.
- Ensure building remains at company’s occupancy goal.
- Rent or lease apartments, collect security deposit as required, and complete rental agreement or lease, outlining conditions and terms of occupancy. Collect rents due.
- Investigate resident complaints and ensure issues are resolved to the resident’s satisfaction. Resolve resident complaints concerning other residents, visitors or vendors.
- Inspect vacant apartments to determine repairs or maintenance and to ensure rent‐readiness.
- Direct, coordinate and schedule activities of maintenance staff and outside vendors.
- Coordinate staff to prepare apartments for new residents and maintain them in excellent condition.
- Direct and coordinate activities and schedules of leasing associates.
- Conduct monthly rental market surveys.
- Prepare and serve legal notices to residents when required.
- Ensure all insurance requirements for contractors and vendors are in order. Report all accidents.
- Assist main office with marketing and advertising.
- Inspect property continuously, recording and correcting deficiencies.
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance and training to direct reports to ensure that high quality work is achieved and maintained.
- Responsible for property payroll and overtime; annual evaluations of staff.
- Prepare annual budget and capital improvements with Division Manager.
- Ensure that property is meeting budget.
- 3-5+ years’ experience as a residential property manager
- Experience managing on site property teams
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be familiar with all operating company software, including Real Page and Timberline.