Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume to:
Sierra Olney | firstname.lastname@example.org | 617.247.0505
Our client is seeking a strategic, hands-on Senior Vice President (“SVP”) to manage the Company’s development strategy. The Senior Vice President of Development will be responsible for the implementation and execution of national (focused within the Sunbelt) development transactions, including coordination and communication with venture partners and will manage the Company’s efforts to identify, process, and close new development transactions; oversee the construction of active projects; and play an active role in the management and disposition of completed developments.
• Source new development opportunities, through developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders including brokers, consultants, land sellers, capital markets team members, lenders, etc. to identify feasible, financeable, and profitable new initiatives.
• Develop, manage, nurture and collaborate with land owners, brokers, lenders and other deal source networks; maintain productive relationships with architects, attorneys, engineers, government officials, vendors and community partners to originate and execute multifamily projects.
• Oversee the negotiation of legal instruments including contracts, easements, term sheets, loan documents, joint venture agreements, municipal agreements, joint development agreements, etc.
• Manage development projects under construction to ensure developments remain on time and on budget; manage a regional team of development managers and construction managers and coordinate with third-party general contractors to achieve business plan goals on specific assets.
• Manage the pre-entitlement/entitlement process by maintaining accurate pursuit cost forecasting and reporting, and implement and execute programs and processes to ensure pro-forma development budgets, underwriting, schedules, quality, and standards are met and completed in accordance with adopted corporate policies.
• Direct and collaborate with third-party consultants to identify, entitle, design, finance, permit, construct, lease, manage and dispose of new development projects.
• Build out and manage a dedicated development team, and actively work with the team on new business development, and other RFPs.
• Manage and maintain a pipeline of land and redevelopment sites for new development.
Our Southeast based client is a national real estate investment company that combines the infrastructure and abilities of an institutional investor with a best-in-class team of real estate operations professionals. Their core focus is to acquire multifamily properties that exhibit attractive long-term investment characteristics, and improve the performance of these properties by deploying hands-on value creation strategies. Our client’s core strategy includes Investment Management, Property Management and Construction Management.
• Knowledge and involvement in current multifamily deal flow in the Sunbelt; deep and broad experience in multi-family development and new construction, including market and sub-market familiarity with the demand drivers supporting the growth, together with prior entitlement experience and a solid understanding of construction means and methods.
• Experience with capital/deal structuring and formation requiring sophisticated and creative capital markets and structuring experience.
• Ability to creatively solve problems and overcome development challenges in high barrier to entry market.
• Follows procedure and protocol. Focused level of attention and concentration to the tasks at hand.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Effectiveness of both written and verbal skills. Communicates and/or understands instructions, sells ideas, obtains acceptance and action. Accurately informs supervision and subordinates of important developments.
• Demonstrates resourcefulness and independence in carrying out responsibilities and assignments.
• Enables success in both employees and peers through mentoring, coaching and decisive administration.
• Extensive experience in sourcing deals, negotiating Architectural and Engineering Consulting Agreements, Easement Agreements and other related documents affecting title and survey.
• Regularly exercises independent judgment and decision-making to resolve day-to-day operational issues.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
• 10+ years of multifamily real estate development experience along with knowledge or development best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to create and execute successful projects completed on schedule, on budget and with high quality and significant community impact.
• Strong negotiating and collaboration skills as well as sound political judgment; strong ability to problem solve and multi-task in fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to read, write, negotiate, and communicate effectively, to comprehend and/or complete legal contracts, loan documents, financial spreadsheets, to create and make presentations to Executive members and lenders, and to draft internal Investment Committee Memoranda and contribute to the production of Private Placement Memoranda. Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend architectural, structural engineering and civil engineering plans.
• Demonstrated success working in a team-oriented setting, and interacting with multiple departments (Development, Construction, Asset Management, Property Management, and Capital Markets) that provide functional expertise and insights toward proper product positioning.
• Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to lead, direct, evaluate, and mentor subordinate and peer employee staff, as well as consultant teams
• Demonstrated high proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel to complete required reports.