Senior Acquisitions Officer
Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Francisco, Los Angeles
The Senior Acquisitions Officer will be responsible for:
- Directly sourcing and negotiating acquisition opportunities through direct relationships with REITs, national/international investments firms, banks and the investment sales/brokerage community.
- Assist in driving investment production among the firm’s 18 regional offices with a focus on Western US. Travel to markets throughout North America to tour buildings with the firm’s market officers and help drive lightly marketed and direct acquisition activity and performance.
- Provide oversight of and ensure production among the firm’s staff of analysts and associates by helping set team priorities, review investment analysis and participate in, organize and at times oversee weekly acquisition meetings.
- Assist in taking investment opportunities through the investment committee process as a deal advocate and provide general oversight through closing.
- Provide support to the investor relations and reporting staff as it relates to investment pace and performance as well as support fund raising.
- Contribute as necessary towards review of asset management decision-making within the Value-Add Funds portfolio, including leases, capital expenditures, and asset management budgets.
Our client is an international real estate investment management firm with offices in 31 cities and 15 countries across North America, Europe and Asia. They control nearly $10 billion in equity and have 20 billion assets under management making it among the top 50 real estate investment managers in the world, all while holding top decile performance for the past decade among the 488 of the world’s leading private equity real estate firms. They specialize in the acquisition, development, leasing, and management of industrial, office, and related business park properties across North America and Europe through an array of value add and core return private equity investment vehicles.
The firm was founded in 2006 by a seasoned team with a long history and shared investment philosophy. Drawing on over 25 years of experience throughout multiple real estate market cycles, the firm’s principals believe that superior returns are generated from aggregating diversified portfolios of properties that meet tenants’ needs for value proposition and functionality, and consequently provide investors with a high level of cash flow as well as value-add growth and capital appreciation potential. The firm implements this tenant-focused property strategy from its multiple regional offices, allowing them to select and operate real estate in a direct and highly engaged manner.
- Proven investment track record of sourcing, structuring and closing transactions.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and expertise in Excel financial modeling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation and business writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi task.
- Attention to detail, team player and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage people and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA, Master’s degree in Finance, Real Estate, or related field preferred.
- Financial and investment acumen, specifically, real estate sector experience & knowledge.
- Structuring and legal process experience related to private equity JV and fund investments.
- Persistence in all things – finding a route to the equity & investor decision makers, closing out project items.