Firm & Position Overview:
Our client has $15B in assets and is a top-performing, customer-focused bank providing a broad range of commercial and retail banking and related financial services to businesses, investors, individuals and municipalities. Our client’s commercial real estate loan production platform is solution-oriented with the ability to underwrite a wide array of loans in any state in the country and deliver timely execution at competitive terms.
Our Client is seeking a senior analyst for originations who will collaborate with the team to originate and deliver a wide range of structured senior loans. This position will report directly to the Vice President and will oversee a Junior Analyst.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with senior originators and CRE business leaders on commercial debt financing including: screening, underwriting, preliminary due diligence, loan structuring, negotiations, financial modeling, valuation, credit analysis and deal memo preparation
- Review and organize property level due diligence: Income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, rent roll, lease review, and construction budgets
- Write and prepare loan proposals
- Participate in presentations and discussions with clients and mortgage brokers regarding loan structure, sponsorship, legal, property, market, pricing, and underwriting issues
Skills / Experience Requirements
- 3-5 years of commercial real estate underwriting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Commercial Real Estate, Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or another related field
- Advanced financial modeling skills with experience modeling CRE assets and capital structures
- Advanced experience with Excel and/or Argus
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, ability to meet deadlines and work collaboratively with internal and external teams, including borrowers and investors