Established in 1976, our client is a global real estate private equity firm with over 40 years of experience as a general partner, investor, and operator. Currently active in the United States, Western Europe, and India, the firm makes strategic investments into value-add, core-plus, and development opportunities. The firm manages over $2.4 billion in assets and to date, our client has purchased and sold more than 47 million square feet of residential, office, industrial, retail and other commercial real estate assets throughout the world with a total value of over $8.0 billion.
Our client’s Office Team focuses on an Innovative Markets strategy and looks to acquire in markets that have demonstrated, and we believe will continue to show population growth above the national average, driven by strong net migration trends and employment growth, especially within the high-tech sector.
The Senior Asset Manager (“SAM”) will be responsible for the overall operation and performance of an existing portfolio of office assets totaling 3 million square feet and additional office assets as acquired. Additionally, the SAM will execute other projects as assigned. The Senior Asset Manager reports to the Managing Director – Office.
- Responsible for developing and executing property-level strategies to enhance and protect asset value, meet investment objectives, and oversee key asset management initiatives.
- Work with legal counsel to negotiate all portfolio related leases and debt instruments in a timely and proactive manner.
- Provide input on acquisition underwriting/due diligence and aid in preparing due diligence memos for the Investment Committee; provide support for closings of all new acquisitions.
- Prepare and assist with asset reporting, year-end investor letters, and business plans.
- Review and analyze budgets and cash flows from internal and third-party managers and oversee adherence throughout the year.
- Track, analyze, and re-forecast trends in the financial performance of assets in relation to underwritings.
- Maintain updated underwriting proformas for each asset with the assistance of an Associate.
- Oversee performance of the asset Property Management teams, in collaboration with the Manager of Property Management, ensuring quality and timeliness of the information.
- Closely monitor local market conditions, news, and rumors for potential implications for asset and investment strategy.
- Manage debt strategy on existing portfolio and compliance with debt terms.
- Frequent property visits to continue to drive asset value.
- Handle confidential material and information with discretion.
- Work collaboratively with the entire team.
- Assist in training and development of other members of the Office Asset Management team.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university required; degree in finance, accounting or real estate preferred.
- Ten plus years of office asset management experience required, with a solid understanding of leasing, property management, operating results, valuations, acquisitions, and acquisitions due diligence.
- Broker’s license and willingness to seek registration in new markets is preferred.
- Ability to develop a strong market knowledge of each asset and the overall portfolio with the goal of driving performance.
- Ability to form deep relationships with brokers and third parties in all portfolio markets.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, written, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, under tight deadlines; self-starter, with a proactive nature and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Frequent travel within the US is required.