The Senior Associate will assume significant responsibility for strategic decisions and achieving growth in the Cambridge MA, Boston MA, New York and Cambridge U.K. markets through leasing, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Responsible for leasing and reporting market intelligence in the Cambridge MA, Boston MA, and Cambridge U.K. markets.
- Represents the firm by actively participating in industry forums, conferences and memberships in key civic organizations.
- Establishes key relationships with brokers, other property owners, and economic development agencies engaged in the industry.
- Fields leasing inquiries, provides tours of properties, generates letters of intent, broker agreements and other transaction related contracts.
- Supports all leasing and marketing efforts; coordinates leasing related information among internal departments, including legal, finance, development, facilities, property management and accounting, summarizes and reports open issues relating to each transaction
- Reviews market data and prepares internal market analysis; sets property rental rates, and implements leasing plans.
- Oversees and interfaces with property management, development, and facilities departments in planning portfolio and growth opportunities.
- Supports due diligence and underwriting process of new acquisitions and new developments. Supervises and/or performs special projects as required.
Our client is the Leading Provider of Real Estate Solutions to the Life Science Community. Our client owns and operates high-quality life science real estate comprising 11 million square feet located in the leading innovation markets throughout the United States and United Kingdom, led by Boston-Cambridge, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, New York and Cambridge U.K. In addition, the firm maintains a premier development platform with two million square feet of Class A properties in active construction to meet the growing demand of the life science industry.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or related required.
- At least 5 years of leasing and/or acquisition experience and strong exposure to commercial acquisitions, development, and renovations.
- Proficiency in real estate financial analysis, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with broker relationships and ability to negotiate legal and business agreements including operational, development, financial and design.
- Experience preparing cash flow projections and analyzing capital expenditure programs for repositioning strategies.
- Ability to analyze and translate qualitative and quantitative data into strategic deliverables and business opportunities.
- Highly motivated with outstanding closing skills.
- Proven leadership, management and organizational skills with a track record of results and ability to build, motivate and supervise a project team.
- Strong business acumen and work ethic.