Our client is a real estate private equity firm and Registered Investment Adviser with its headquarters in Boston and with additional primary offices in Dallas and San Francisco.
Since its inception in 2003, our client has sponsored seven commingled funds and four co-investment vehicles, raising more than $12 billion in capital commitments, and investing or committing to invest approximately $9 billion of equity in over 230 transactions with total peak capitalization of approximately $33 billion. Including their time at Westbrook, our clients Managing Members have been involved in eleven commingled funds and seven co-investment vehicles, raising approximately $17 billion in capital commitments, and investing or committing to invest approximately $13 billion of equity in over 375 transactions with a total peak capitalization of approximately $49 billion.
Our client employs a fundamental value approach to investing and focuses on select product types and geographic regions, with an emphasis on opportunities in major coastal markets in the United States, and with a particular focus on value creation and complex situations.
Our client is looking for a Senior Associate, Acquisitions to support the firm’s investment and asset management functions. The Analyst/Associate provides analytical and research support to assist senior team members in making real estate investment decisions related to acquisitions and portfolio management.
This individual will work as part of the fast-paced acquisitions and finance team supporting all elements of the acquisition and asset management process and will work directly with the head of acquisitions and the CEO daily. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop financial models and other analytical tools for acquisition analysis utilizing Argus and Excel software.
- Property level underwriting of new and existing real estate investments.
- Collection and analysis of market data including interacting with RE brokers.
- Review of due diligence materials.
- Preparation of investment committee memorandums.
- Act as a liaison with accounting and finance staff to assist in quarterly valuations/client reporting and portfolio analyses, partner distribution waterfalls and risk management.
- Assistant with mortgage debt solicitation, analysis, and reporting.
- Coordinate, collect and compile financial analysis and initial due diligence materials (financial statements, market reports, capital expenditure history, environmental and property condition reports, etc.)
- Financial Modeling – Prepare / develop financial analysis which will include developing assumptions and market share, pro forma, capital and return analyses
- Market Research – Compile, analyze and clearly report market data provided by industry periodicals, on-line content, and regional operating personnel
- Competitive Analysis – Maintain detailed database for comparable sales, track market performance and other industry metrics
- Financing – Assist with the coordination of acquisition/development financing and refinancing. Handle monthly reporting to lenders.
- Due Diligence – Assist with the due diligence processes such as establishing a DD budget, tendering for due diligence services, and contract negotiation and management
- Asset Management - Review property level operational and CAPEX budgets and provide economic lease analysis
- Assist with the preparation and review of all presentation materials, including Investment Memoranda for Investment Committee approval as well as regular operations reporting
- Undergraduate degree required. Course study/curriculum focused in real estate, finance, economics or business, preferred
- 2 to 5 years of relevant commercial real estate analysis experience required
- A successful candidate will be seeking a highly entrepreneurial environment
- Familiarity with market research databases including CoStar, Yardi Matrix, Real Capital Analytics
- Experience with Argus preferred
- Knowledge of real estate cash flow modeling, property-level financial statements and basic accounting
- Strong analytical and computer skills; advanced aptitude in Excel is required
- Operates efficiently in a work environment with tight deadlines
- Possesses strong organizational and project management skills and can multi-task and deliver on various goals
- Strong research, interpretation, and quantitative skills
- Detail orientation with excellent written and oral communication skills