Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume to:
Kate Mecke – firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauren Hodgetts – email@example.com
New York, NY
Our client is looking for a senior construction professional that has broadly based experience in the construction and development industry. The candidate should have a thorough knowledge of Type I high-rise construction and stick built multi-family housing products. The candidate must work well within a team based setting having the ability to manage multiple perspectives and agendas across multiple projects occurring simultaneously. The candidate will assist and work with Construction Managers/ General Contractors to ensure effective scheduling, coordinating and budgeting to ensureon time, on schedule project delivery. The candidate will fully support the Development team through all phases of preconstruction, construction and building turnover. This position will be based in the New York City area with travel to Westchester County and the potential development growth to Long Island, Connecticut and Upstate New York. Local travel to these areas will be required.
Coordinates with the Development team to ensure on time, on budget project completion with primary responsibility focused on Construction Management/ General Contractor oversite. As related to construction, ensure all federal, state, and local requirements are satisfied.
• Coordinate and assist in the development of construction documentation and projectGMP.
• Attend, and/or conduct OAC meetings with CM/ GC, design consultants andGS Development. Attend all major subcontractor coordination meetings held on site or remotely.
• Understand all billing cycles, review progress billings and when necessary negotiateany revisions.
• With Development, prepare and present monthly JSR/DCSR reports.
• Construction schedule oversite as related to job progress, timely submittal review, RFI responses as coordinated with appropriate documentation and record keeping.
• Project documentation review to ensure thorough and efficient coordination to advance schedule and maintain budget.
• Perform on-site inspections for quality of workmanship, quality of materials, conformity with plans and specifications, code compliance, projectschedule vs progress, and general progress of the construction project.
• Ensure compliance with all closeout requirements with the architects, engineers,contractors and state entities.
Our client provides world-class service in the residential rental housing industry. Their innovative vertically integrated business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the rental housing industry on international, regional and local levels. This unique approach and commitment to hiring the best professionals have resulted in record growth, making them one of the most respected and trusted global real estate companies. Their vertically integrated business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, enabling our client to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Their international platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while their city offices provide local market expertise and execution. Supported by a global team of 15,000+ employees, our client’s experienced and cross-functional executive team boasts on average over 23 years of industry experience and provides a diverse perspective throughout the investment process.
• Experience working across multiple aspects of the development process, including all aspectsof design and construction.
• Experience working on Type I, high-rise construction projects from preconstruction to closeout.
• Experience working on stick built, multi-family construction projects from preconstruction to closeout.
• Experience overseeing multiple projectssimultaneously.
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.