Our client is a prominent developer creating mixed-use communities that combine housing, retail, lab/life science and community use to create a unique sense of place. The firm is building on years of experience and a talented and hard charging team that brings a distinct vision to every project. The firm embodies the energetic, fast paced environment of a growing and successful development platform. The portfolio has continued to expand, now totaling over $1.0Billion of active development, prompting the addition of a Senior Development Manager. The successful candidate will be an engaged, hands-on, team player who can work towards the future success of the business and take on multiple projects at one time.
The Senior Development Manager will manage all aspects of the real estate development process from acquisitions and approvals through design & construction management, lease up, and stabilization. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Development.
- Develop and maintain the project budgets, schedule, and scope for development projects
- Manage a wide range of external consultants to progress the development of each project
- Negotiate and manage contracts with third-party consultants
- Manage third-party construction managers
- Coordinate meetings and manage critical deliverables from the design and construction team
- Report regularly on project performance to company Principals,
- Meet with city departments and monitor permit review progress and acquire all required approvals and permits.
- Review plans and specifications to assure a complete scope of construction is captured and identified.
- Review the conceptual budget from the general contractor and identify strategies to achieve development budget.
- Finalize construction budget with the general contractor.
- Review progress of construction documents and budget at each schedule milestone.
- Provide feedback on constructability and identify potential schedule impacts.
- Review due diligence reports from the owner’s consultants.
- Lead weekly OAC meetings.
- Hire owner consultants required for testing and inspections, review all reports.
- Prepare monthly update for the developer’s report required of Institutional partners.
- Create and maintain a detailed cost report and monthly forecast
- Review general contractor’s monthly requisition for payment including verification of stored materials and subcontractor lien releases.
- Review all change order requests, allowances, and owner change orders for approval.
- Review all project close-out documents with the general contractor and owner prior to contract closeout.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters’ Degree a Plus
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience working with either a real estate developer, design and engineering or general contractor or in a construction management role overseeing large complex multi-year construction projects.
- Demonstrated experience with wood-frame multi-family projects critical.
- Well organized, effective communicator who is able to direct and motivate the design and construction team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as a team member, and to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in an organized and efficient manner