Our client is a life science real estate development company that leverages cross-sector collaboration to deliver environments that foster innovation and scientific breakthroughs.
The Senior Director, Development and Project Management will have the unique opportunity to lead execution of the firm’s largest life science development in Boston to date: delivery of a 400,000 SF+ research space at the Harvard Enterprise Research Campus (ERC) development in Allston, MA.
This Senior Director will lead and facilitate growth of the local Development and Project Management team, and will be called upon to support and lead various efforts including due diligence, feasibility planning and project planning as the firm grows a deep pipeline of high-quality life science assets in the Boston market. Future projects will span from ground-up new builds and major redevelopments, to turnkey fit-outs and renovations of existing structures.
- Lead, direct and grow local Development and Project Management team
- Complete projects in accordance with company approved budgets and schedules.
- The project manager will be responsible for delivering the project on time, on budget and within pre-established quality parameters.
- Manage the coordination of architectural and engineering disciplines as well as the functions of estimating, budgeting, contracting, scheduling, bidding, negotiating, purchasing, value engineering.
- Substantially interface with architects, engineers, contractors, municipal officials, financial institutions and all other necessary for the implementation of design and construction.
- Develop and establish assumptions for origination of development, construction, and design concepts during pre-development stages for future assigned projects.
- Support the selection process for design consultants and professional firms, and procurement of construction managers and contractors.
- Support the preparation and provide oversight and reporting on consultant, design and construction contracts to ensure the obligations of the contracts are satisfied.
- Monitor project construction activities relating to scheduling, quality, costs, design and construction methodology as well as assist in the selection and recommendation of trades and purchase of major building materials/ components.
- Record and monitor control reporting for cost estimates, budgets, schedule, contractor draws, change orders, quality control, value engineering, progress reports and variance analyses.
- 15 – 25 years of experience leading the design, construction or development of commercial real estate, with experience on life science (R&D laboratory) projects.
- Strong leadership and management skills, the ability to influence and engage peers.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to manage large groups of people.
- Undergraduate and / or Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineer, Architecture or Construction Management is preferred.
- Strong mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) skills required.
- Capacity to communicate with institutional corporations