- This person will have primary responsibility for the oversight of firm financial reporting. The successful candidate will provide strong day-to-day leadership without foregoing the long-term vision and growth of the company.
- This person will work closely with executive management as well as working with banking, debt facilities, and other lender relationships.
- Oversight and management of the financial closing process and reporting including the review of monthly reporting packages, financial statements, performance and preparation of quarterly investor reports.
- Working with stock-shareholders of private equity firm with 40 percent ownership.
- Drive performance through review of business and highlight management information to drive revenue focus.
- Manage senior management through financial performance review.
- Provide strategic oversight in relation to cash management, vendor management and compliance related issues.
- Primary liaison with the Firm’s third-party audit firm and tax professionals for the completion of annual audits and tax returns.
- Participate in mergers and acquisitions and other special projects as required by the Principals.
Our client is an international real estate investment management firm with offices in 31 cities and 15 countries across North America, Europe and Asia. They control nearly $10 billion in equity and have 20 billion assets under management making it among the top 50 real estate investment managers in the world, all while holding top decile performance for the past decade among the 488 of the world’s leading private equity real estate firms. They specialize in the acquisition, development, leasing, and management of industrial, office, and related business park properties across North America and Europe through an array of value add and core return private equity investment vehicles.
The firm was founded in 2006 by a seasoned team with a long history and shared investment philosophy. Drawing on over 25 years of experience throughout multiple real estate market cycles, the firm’s principals believe that superior returns are generated from aggregating diversified portfolios of properties that meet tenants’ needs for value proposition and functionality, and consequently provide investors with a high level of cash flow as well as value-add growth and capital appreciation potential. The firm implements this tenant-focused property strategy from its multiple regional offices, allowing them to select and operate real estate in a direct and highly engaged manner.
- Minimum of 7 years of accounting experience in the real estate industry.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and show a willingness to collaborate and multitask.
- Leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage people and processes.
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Yardi, Argus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BA/BS in accounting, business, finance or related. CPA, preferred.