The Senior Financial Analyst will focus on financial analysis to support the company’s leasing efforts in the East Coast and UK markets. This includes leading the leasing team’s forecast process in partnership with the finance department, assessing the economic returns of leasing transactions to assist market leads in making decisions, preparing internal and external presentations for a variety of audiences, assisting in lease and tenant credit underwriting, and financial preparation and aggregation of quarterly earnings-related materials.
Our client is the leading provider of real estate solutions to the life science community. The firm owns and operates high quality life science real estate comprising 11 million square feet located in the leading innovation markets throughout the United States and United Kingdom, led by Boston-Cambridge, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, New York and Cambridge U.K. In addition, the organization maintains a premier development platform with two million square feet of Class A properties in active construction to meet the growing demand of the life science industry.
• BA/BS in finance, economics, accounting or related field, four to six years of commercial real estate, corporate finance, public accounting or financial reporting experience required.
• Formal training for financial analysis work through prior employment is a must
• Experience modeling business transactions and/or corporate financial analysis is a must; with experience in the real estate field specifically as a plus.
• Ability to understand and analyze financial statements, leases, and related documents for purposes of forecasting, underwriting, analyzing tenant credit quality and preparing both property level and East Coast/UK market level analyses.
• Organized and task oriented, able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines, and adapt readily to changing priorities.
• Ability to convey technical information orally and in written correspondence, reports and presentations in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to self-review work and strong attention to detail is required.
• Pro-active with an analytical mindset that is consistently focused on improving analyses and processes.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.