Our client is the fastest-growing Proptech company in the history of commercial real estate (CRE). We have transformed a $15 trillion dollar industry with our award-winning platform which is used to manage over 60% of all office buildings. We’re continuing to expand our product offerings and are building the industry’s first and only online marketing software and end-to-end leasing marketplace. This will enable landlords to market their available spaces more effectively, and help tenant rep brokers and their tenants easily find and lease space online – a process that has traditionally been offline and difficult.
Our client recently reached unicorn status after raising $90 million in series D funding (believed to be the largest venture financing in the history of commercial real estate software). They recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain's best places to work!
The Senior Market Research Manager– NYC Market will help grow the differentiated research function, build and maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace through deep local market expertise, analysis, and insight.
Your responsibility will be to oversee the market research function and outputs for the local commercial real estate market. You will track and analyze trends and be the authority on fundamentals (demand, occupancy, inventory, rents, etc.) and market participants (owners, occupiers, brokers). You will work closely with our Market Research lead, internal and external research colleagues, brokerage professionals and investor clients on a daily basis. In addition, this role will also work in close collaboration with our internal Product and Sales teams to ensure alignment on core growth strategies.
- Complete oversight and responsibility for the local market research function in the (Market), with core competency within the office sector. Function as SME for the (Market) in client and internal presentations
- Maintain intimate and extensive knowledge of the factors affecting the local commercial real estate marketplace and leverage this knowledge for the business and for clients
- Contribute to client presentations by working with product and sales teams to assemble, analyze, interpret and disseminate market intelligence with a focus on local CRE market fundamentals
- Manage extensive network of local institutional investor clients and prospects, providing white-glove service to this group with the goal of positioning VTS as the go-to resource for the (Market)
- Stay up to speed on industry trends which influence office space demand (post-COVID usage, densification and workplace trends, urban vs urban/hub and spoke models, etc.)
- Must be responsive to multiple internal and external constituencies—sales professionals, management, local media, real estate associations, and clients—by providing relevant insights on market conditions and trends
- Provide analytical and execution support for global, domestic, and regional research initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of professional experience, ideally in commercial real estate research or a related role
- Demonstrated passion for commercial real estate with an ongoing commitment to mastering market-level dynamics. Thorough knowledge of research and data analytics and outputs to benefit our brand and core businesses
- Mastery of public speaking and proven track record of successful in-person presentations
- Strong quantitative skill set with a proven ability to identify new insights and trends through new and previously unavailable data and industry metrics
- Bring an understanding of the institutional investor landscape; a history of high-level interactions with professionals in this space - ideally within the office ownership community - is desired
- Collaborative attitude and willingness to both work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to clients and internal stakeholders
- Team player mindset. Able to work across cross-functional groups within our Marketing, PR, Research, Operations and leadership teams to achieve company goals and create exceptional results
- Can oversee multiple projects or assigned tasks, determine priorities and develop a through-line to completion, including harnessing the right resources and collaborating along the way
- Ability to skillfully maneuver through uncertainty and shifting priorities