Our client is an international real estate advisor that acquires, develops and manages properties and places – specializing in mixed-use and office environments in the world’s leading cities. The firm’s mission is to create long-term value through a thoughtful approach to acquisition and redevelopment. Headquartered in Boston, the firm has offices globally in London, Munich, Stockholm, Sydney, Tokyo, and Washington DC, and manages over 8 million square feet of Class A office product.
The company is looking to hire a highly motivated and collaborative Senior Project Manager to join the US Development team. The initial primary responsibility will be construction management of the Commonwealth Pier Revitilization. The project includes the complete redevelopment of the historic structure and will deliver 635,000sf of office, 56,000sf of event and meeting space, 45,000sf of retail, and 165,000sf of public space and Harborwalk. In time, the role will expand to include end-to-end project management of various sized development, capital and tenant improvement projects throughout the North American portfolio, ensuring the high standards of quality and excellence. The position is based in Boston and may involve domestic and possibly international travel, once public health conditions allow. Candidates should demonstrate core values of excellence, respect, collaboration, continuous improvement and integrity.
The role will require candidates to be on site 3-5 days per week and to execute on the following tasks for the Commonwealth Pier Revitilization project:
- Supervise and manage consultants for timely and accurate performance on RFIs, submittals, Addenda, Bulletins, site visits and reporting.
- Monitor and report on construction progress against critical path schedule.
- Scope and financial review of change orders and payment applications.
- Monitor and report on project budget, including utilization of allowances, AAEs, and contingency.
- Travel for verification of stored materials and equipment testing.
- Participate in meetings as needed (OAC, scheduling, coordination, procurement, etc.).
- Project management of new ground-up developments and large-scale repositioning projects with the understanding of the real estate market demands and asset strategy.
- Ongoing coordination and collaboration with the asset management teams on project scope, schedule, budget and efforts to minimize impact to the tenants during construction.
- Review tenant’s fit out design and attend site meetings and inspections to verify proper integration with company and property standards.
- End-to-end project management of various sized capital improvement projects including exterior improvements, lobby and common space renovations, turnkey tenant fit outs, resiliency and sustainability initiatives, FF&E upgrades, and other special projects.
- Support development team who are overseeing new developments and large scale repositioning projects with various project management and design management efforts.
- Responsible for engagement and procurement of professional services, construction, budgeting, design and permitting approvals, scheduling, cash forecasting, contract management, construction implementation and closeout.
- Identify key risks, project complexities, timelines and status for the projects undertaken; anticipate, mitigate, and resolve issues that arise during the project.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to meet project requirements and approvals.
- Manage the process and deliverables of design consultants throughout the design and construction process as well as facilitate communication within the design team to minimize oversights and increase efficiency.
- Utilize project controls system, Yardi CM, to maintain up-to-date budget, contracts, invoicing and cash forecasting. Provide project reporting as needed.
- Manage feasibility studies for various capital projects.
- Attend consultant and construction meetings as required to provide client input, monitor progress and ensure project requirements are met.
- Assist Acquisitions team with technical due diligence reports and budgeting.
- Actively manage projects to ensure schedule, budget, and standards of quality and excellence are met.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in related field with 6-10 years of project management experience in commercial real estate, architecture, engineering, or construction management.
- Experience in end-to-end delivery of ground-up development projects, large tenant fit out and capital projects is required.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and ability to manage multiple, complex projects while meeting deadlines.
- Working knowledge of the architectural and engineering design process, building systems, zoning, permitting, commercial construction and real estate development.
- Understanding of sustainability and resiliency industry initiatives and practices.
- Collaborative, proactive work style and exceptional verbal, graphic and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage numerous projects and flexibility to change when needed.Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specifically PowerPoint as well as Procore.
- Experience with or willingness to become proficient with software including Yardi CM, SharePoint, and Payscan.