Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume to:
Christina Smith | email@example.com | 617.247.0505
Ryan MacDonald | firstname.lastname@example.org | 617.247.0505
Our client, one of the area's top commercial real estate companies managing over 2,000,000 square feet, is seeking a leader to join their team as a Senior Property Manager. The Senior Property Manager manages all aspects of a portfolio of office and industrial commercial properties, including construction, marketing, and financial oversight. The role will report to the Chief Operating Officer. The best candidate for this position will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and thrives working in a small team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee day-to-day operational management of buildings and grounds consistent with company policies and procedures, approved budgets, business plans and management/investor direction.
- Achieve customer service excellence by responding to tenant needs and ensuring that administrative and building technical staff resolve problems promptly to ensure tenant satisfaction.
- Develop and control annual budgets for operating and capital expenses focusing on increasing revenues and the maximizing the value of the property.
- Prepare and deliver timely and accurate financial investor reporting to include management summaries and variance reporting.
- Manage payables, consistent with approved budgets, by approving and coding all invoices as they relate to operating and capital expenses.
- Understand lease language to ensure landlord and tenant compliance, as well as maintaining knowledge of key lease dates as they relate to extensions and terminations.
- New lease review, administration, and insightful commenting to ensure the best interest of the landlord and the ease of operation for the company are met.
- Negotiate lease renewals acting as the landlord point of contact, as well as assistance in showing space to prospective tenants.
- Assure vacant space and common area is in show-ready condition, provide input as leases are negotiated, and provide cost estimates for landlord work.
- Attend building construction, capital improvement, and tenant improvement meetings as the landlord and management company representative.
- Recommend and/or approves alterations, maintenance and reconditioning of properties as necessary.
- Competitively bid work and negotiates contracts. Supervise vendor and construction services as required.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins and move-outs and conduct final move-out inspections.
- Review aged receivables and escalate overdue rent as necessary.
- Review reconciliations of Common Area Maintenance (CAM) recovery charges that are provided by the accounting department.
- Compute a lease analysis on new deals to provide recommendations for investors to make informed business decisions.
- Supports all property sales and purchases by assisting with the due diligence process and general onboarding/offboarding of a property.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to provide formal supervision to individual employees.
- Prepares and delivers performance appraisal(s) for staff.
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university
- Minimum of six years of related experience and/or training.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to tenants.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Conducts financial analysis.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Yardi real estate software is a preferred.