In conjunction with senior management professionals, the primary responsibility of the SVP/EVP will be to drive the day-to-day business plan execution for multifamily assets that the firm owns. The SVP/EVP will be responsible for specific projects (the number of projects will depend on level of complication/time commitment required for each project – which will vary significantly) and will work with employees within the firm and a variety of third-parties (including partners, brokers, lawyers, consultants, property managers, tenants, etc). While the firm manages assets across all property types, the successful candidate will focus on overseeing the platform’s growing residential portfolio that the firm manages (including assets that may have operating partners and third-party property managers).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and lead the overall strategy and direction for the growth of the firm’s multifamily platform.
- Manage and execute various project level objectives to include value creation and operations.
- Drive proper communication and coordination with third party vendors.
- Routinely update senior professionals on status of projects and portfolio performance.
- Alert the Deal Team to potential issues as they arise (and work with that team to evaluate solutions).
- Oversee junior professionals that will be tasked with assisting the candidate in the responsibilities (including working with junior members of the Deal Team).
- Execute value add objectives including major redevelopment/repositioning projects, property management goals, leasing, and reporting.
- Manage partners, vendors, tenants, and outside counsel.
- Review financials, capital calls, and loan draws.
Our client is a dedicated property services management company that serves commercial properties in gateway cities throughout the United States. With its focus on personalized service, premium amenities, and proactive relationship management, the firm employs the latest technologies and a concierge-like approach to property management in order to foster an elevated tenant experience across approximately 20 million square feet of real estate in the Greater Boston, New York, San Francisco Bay, South Florida, Southern California, and Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas.
- Strong work ethic.
- Project management/property management/ asset management experience.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Business and accounting acumen along with ability to weigh in on potential acquisitions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to report on current project activities including communicating on issues and/or general status updates.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 15 years’ experience in the real estate industry with relevant experience potentially coming from property management, asset management, project management, finance, or leasing services.
- Experience managing projects and complex capital/redevelopment projects for an ownership group strongly preferred.
- Proven experience managing large, complicated real estate assets throughout major US markets.
- Ability and willingness to travel.