Firm & Position Overview:
Our Client is a leader in financing commercial real estate throughout the United States, including multifamily properties (including small balance), affordable housing, office, retail, manufactured housing, seniors housing and healthcare, industrial, and self-storage facilities. Our Client offers Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and HUD/FHA in addition to its own proprietary loan products. Since inception, our Client has structured more than $27.5 billion of loans and today maintains a servicing portfolio of more than $15.1 billion. Headquartered in New York City, our Client has 241 professionals in 25 locations throughout the United States.
The Sizing Analyst will assist in multifamily and healthcare property valuation and the screening process of new debt opportunities, including bridge, mezzanine and 1st mortgage all across the Unites States.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Verify that each potential loan meets lending criteria and processing procedures.
- Analyze asset-level financial statements and Rent rolls.
- Model cash flows.
- Conduct preliminary due diligence: market research, comparable sales/rents analysis, operating history analysis, etc.
- Facilitate originator-client communication by providing supporting analysis and research.
- Build / maintain database and pipeline of loans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field.
- 0-3 years of experience preferably in loan sizing or other Real Estate Finance position.
- Highly developed analytical skills including the ability to create complex spreadsheets, presentations, and process maps. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding writing skills including the ability to communicate articulately and concisely.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining organization.
- High integrity, entrepreneurial drive, and intellectual curiosity are a must.