Interested and Qualified candidates, please submit resume to:
Kate Mecke | firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a nonprofit organization focused on finding scalable solutions to global challenges by connecting human, financial, and educational resources to those who need them. Currently, they are developing a 60,000-square-foot Visitors Center in Washington, DC, based in the historic bank buildings across from the Treasury Department and the White House directly on Pennsylvania Ave. The center will contain interactive exhibits and state-of-the-art technology focused on education, health, finance, and entrepreneurship. Currently, the team is seeking someone to help support a range of functions concerning marketing, construction, and special initiatives pertaining to both the center’s development and eventual operation. They will liaison between fundraising, social media, construction/development, and film production teams to ensure the success of the center’s opening and ultimately, operation.
Reporting to the Chief of Design and Construction, the Special Projects Associate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting the social media team with information regarding the project’s progress and the history and evolution of the building and site
• Coordinating with the fundraising team to develop graphic and written material to support their efforts, including the creation of an animated 3D flythrough of the entire project
• Providing tours of the construction site to select visitors, VIPs, and others
• Assisting the Creative Director in capturing professional photographs and video to document the construction progress
• Working with the Director of Special Initiatives regarding pre-opening activities related to the Visitor’s Center
• Collaborating with the Office Manager to address a variety of facilities needs as the firm opens its new offices
• Providing support for a range of construction management activities for the Directors of Construction
• BA or BS required; preferred in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction.
• 2-4 years of experience in construction, marketing, or a related field.
• Must be organized, a self-starter, and have strong attention to detail.
• Position is based in Washington, D.C. and will be required to work onsite and in-office most days