Our client is a premier architecture firm focused exclusively on interiors that provides strategic planning, interior architecture, and design services for corporations, businesses, and institutions. The firm has a global presence with offices in Atlanta; Austin; Boston; Charlotte; Chicago; Dallas; DC; Denver; Houston; New York; Orange County; Philadelphia; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; London; and Dublin.
The Studio Director is responsible for building the practice of Life Sciences in the office as well as contributing to the growth of the firm-wide practice. The role involves strategy, marketing/business development, design, technical, financial to support the practice.
- Develops and communicates a vision for the practice.
- Determines staffing requirements and ensures the ability to recruit, build and mentor a team
- Collaborates with corporate resources and service lines to build a backbone of tools which will support the practice
- Immerses themselves into the firm culture and delivers the practice as an extension to that culture
- Has a strong reputation in the market along with a proven ability to win work.
- Develops marketing strategy and material to communicate the practice vision
- Directs business development activities by staying abreast of current trends and practices in the marketplace.
- Increases the firm's profile and develops marketing and business development opportunities by participating in and assuming leadership roles in industry and community organizations.
- Develops and nurtures long-term client relationships.
- High level of expertise in Life Sciences field
- Ability to mentor
- Ability to communicate design direction internally and externally
- Ensures adherence to office and firm-wide technical standards.
- Brings expertise of science and technology to the practice.
- Establishes short- and long-term objectives for sales, profit, productivity and expense reduction. Ensures that objectives are consistent with corporate goals and priorities.
- Monitors financial performance and makes required adjustments to meet or exceed profit goals for the office
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited architecture or design school.
- Licensed architect preferred.
- 15+ years on commercial science and technology projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of the science and technology industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of science and technology design.
- Comprehensive knowledge of design intent and practices.
- Intermediate MS Office application skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills.
- Advanced presentation and graphic communication abilities.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Advanced supervisory, leadership and team building skills.
- Proven ability to define and communicate a vision.
- Extensive knowledge of budget preparation and the proven ability to manage projects within budgetary constraints.
- Proven ability to analyze financial data and implement initiatives that contain costs and maximize profitability.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage diverse responsibilities within allotted time and/or budget.