Our client is a leading commercial real estate investment and development firm, having successfully acquired, developed, re-positioned and/or entitled and managed over five million square feet of real estate over the past 35 years, valued at over $3 billion.
Focused on high quality, mixed-use development assets in leading gateway markets, with a strong emphasis on creative place making and value add approaches to real estate, our client is among the top tier of real estate development and management firms in the New England market.
The Tenant Coordinator is integral part of the development team and is responsible for the overall management of tenant deals/ projects across the company’s portfolio. The Tenant Coordinator works closely with project managers and senior staff on all aspects of tenant deals/projects.
In consultation with the project managers, the Tenant Coordinator will be directly responsible for effective and accurate communication of materials among project teams both internal (development/ construction, leasing, and legal, property/ asset management, finance and accounting) and external (consultants, contractors, Tenants, Tenants’ consultants, and Tenants’ contractors) to meet project specific goals. The Tenant Coordinator must be able to provide a high-quality service to all teams while simultaneously managing a high volume of projects and details.
Tenant Coordination Responsibilities:
- Participate in LOI discussions and prepare LOI exhibits (Lease Outline Drawings (LOD’s) and construction exhibits/work letters) in consultation with project managers and senior staff.
- Participate in lease negotiations with legal team, development managers and senior staff, including but not limited to preparing construction exhibits (work letters) specific to each tenant deal.
- Work with the development managers and leasing team on construction and development sections of new leases.
- Prepare final LOD’s and related plans for lease exhibits. Includes coordination of external consultant team dependent upon complexity of exhibits
- Abstract leases (including coordination and comparison with lease administration) specific to development/construction items and develop a critical date tracking schedule to track critical dates for compliance. Includes communicating critical dates to both internal and external teams.
- Engage building management team once LOI’s are finalized. Send relevant exhibits and tenant plans to building management team for review and comments. Work with building management teams to tour tenant through back of house and building utility rooms relevant to tenant build outs.
- Maintain & update tenant coordination materials (reports, checklists, etc.) for review and presentation at weekly leasing meetings and company-wide project meetings. Present weekly updates for discussion with the leasing/ development groups during regular check-ins. Send out follow-up notes with action items following internal and external meetings.
- Provide Tenant plans to Development Manager for review to ensure that they meet lease requirements, permit requirements, and general building requirements. Coordinate plan comments with construction, development and building teams to submit them back to tenant within required timeframes. Track open comments with tenant during construction to ensure all requirements are met and plans are executed correctly.
- Collect required materials from Tenant construction team including permits, insurance certificates, reports and additional information on design (storefront shop drawings, slab scanning reports, schedules) on time per outlines of the lease and construction exhibits.
- Coordinate with Development Managers and Construction team on all Landlord work prior to delivery to adhere to lease delivery dates. Work with building and lease administration team on delivery to get tenant started on Tenant work in the space.
- Set-up initial meeting to deliver tenant spaces with Tenant’s, Tenant’s GC and Building Management team to kick off tenant’s construction period.
- Work together with the building management team to monitor construction progress of all Tenant work following delivery. Ensure adherence to lease dates and other lease requirements. Notify building and lease administration team of key lease dates and any notices that need to be submitted to the tenant per the lease.
- Track tenant inducement payments per the lease, collect required documentation from tenant and tenant GC and put in requests for TI funding to building management and accounting teams.
- Notify lease administration and building teams upon completion of tenant’s construction period to transition tenant over fully to building management team and send relevant commencement notices.
- Maintain reports and documentation regarding all aspects of the Tenant Coordination process in M Files and One Note, including compiling and organizing project/ site specific documents for reference by building teams, leasing teams and development teams.
- Update and maintain VTS with all existing and new tenant data. Initial project will include loading all lease information so that VTS can be used to replace the manual Lease Expiration Reports and Rent Rolls.