Our client is identifying candidates to recruit a Senior Associate, Acquisitions and Asset Management. The individual must possess strong analytical abilities and an acquisition track record sourcing and closing office deals in New York City and possibly also in other markets like Philadelphia. Relevant experience in office redevelopment or acquisition expertise in residential deals in the NYC area will also be helpful. This position is based in Manhattan and reports to the co-founders of the firm.
- Strategic, street smart individual with a strong track record of identifying interesting market deals and originating off market development opportunities.
- Perform Argus analyses, due diligence and market analysis for new acquisitions to determine fit with our clients’ investment objectives.
- Significant experience with ‘value-add’/opportunistic investments.
- Prepare investment summaries and present potential investments to the principals.
- Develop and maintain local broker relationships and deal origination networks.
- Identify and analyze trends in several key investment markets.
- Interface with investment bankers, the brokerage community and investors.
- Participate in financing activities as required.
Our client has been in business for over 25 years. The firm focuses on repositioning office buildings and has managed projects in New York City, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Houston, Germany and Israel. Today, the firm has an office building portfolio valued in excess of $1,400,000,000 in Manhattan and in Philadelphia.
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant real estate investment experience.
- Manhattan office experience required.
- Proven investment track record of sourcing, structuring and closing transactions.
- Proficiency in Argus and Excel modeling.
- Self-starter who is able to take deal from initial analysis to due diligence
- Excellent due diligence, analytical, transaction structuring and financial skills.
- Ability to understand the investment risks and the methods to mitigate the risks in structuring investments.
- Ability to speak credibly about the investment process and the investment opportunity.
- Comfortable working in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Solid interpersonal, management and leadership skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills; strong presentation and process management skills.
- Assertive; has a strong sense of energy and drive while maintaining attention to detail.
- Appropriate educational credentials.