Our client is a diversified real estate company known for development, construction, property management and home building. This generationally-owned, independently-operated family business develops and manages a portfolio of mixed-use assets up and down the east coast.
The organization is looking for a Vice President, Development. This VP functions in a leadership role overseeing all aspects of the development team in the Boston Division. This position will report directly to the President and will have management and leadership oversight for multiple development positions and office administration.
This position will also have a key role in maintaining a collaborative environment between Development, Construction, Finance, Operations and Asset Management. The position will be responsible for the overall success of projects and project teams on expanding the pipeline, executing the pipeline, (which specifically includes due diligence, managing the design and entitlement process, financing, working with construction for overall budget adherence) and overseeing the construction and lease-up phases through stabilization. This position will be directly or indirectly involved in all phases of the acquisition, development, construction, lease-up and disposition process.
- Continue expanding the firm’s presence in the Greater Boston market, including both urban and suburban development opportunities.
- Maintain a productive and collaborative work environment
- Learn and incorporate the company’s unique Brand, Processes and Standards
- Work closely with the President of the Development and Finance teams to ensure investments are financeable.
- Work closely with team members, specifically Construction, Operations and Finance to execute and deliver successful communities.
- Executive reporting to the President and Investment Committee
KEY TRAITS FOR SUCCESS
- Leadership: Demonstrates the ability to be self-aware, committed to the team and has the confidence to expand the company’s presence in the Boston Market.
- Work Ethic: Displays self-starting, self-motivated traits and excels in an entrepreneurial environment. Consistently delivers accurate and timely work product and accepts personal accountability for results.
- Composed: Resolves issues while professionally managing business relationships.
- Judgment and Decision-Making: Must have the ability to make sound decisions based on information gathered and analyzed. Consider all pertinent facts and alternatives before deciding on the most appropriate action.
- Intuitive: Understands the project scope, purpose and audience; anticipates varying perspectives and inquiries; demonstrates an ability to prioritize, project and manage risk
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, finance, business administration, or related field is required
- MBA or a Master’s degree in Real Estate/Development or similar field is required
- 7+ years in Real Estate Development, including intimate experience within the Boston market
- Multi-Family real estate experience preferred
- Passion for the field of real estate development
- Strong quantitative abilities with knowledge of financial modeling
- Strong leadership and problem-solving capabilities
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing and challenging situations
- Must thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment