Our client is a real estate private-equity firm with a strong history of successful real estate investment, management and development. The firm is based in Boston, with regional offices in Metro New York and Metro Washington D.C. Our client is a vertically integrated firm. The company’s primary investment vehicles are Marcus Capital Partners Fund II, a $250 million closed-end value-add fund, and Marcus Capital Partners Fund III, a $360 million closed-end value-add fund. We focus on select multifamily, industrial, life science, office, medical office, and mixed-use investments where we can create value, provide increased margins of safety, and maximize risk-adjusted returns.
Our client is seeking a team member to lead the NYC Metro acquisitions team. The role will be focused on leading the day-to-day acquisition efforts in the region with a specific focus on the tri-state industrial market. The ideal candidate will have five to ten years industrial acquisitions experience in the tri-state industrial market. This role will be based in the firm’s Boston headquarters (a remote position located in the NY/NJ market will also be considered based on the candidate/fit), and will report directly to a co-CIO based in Boston and will work closely with the New York City Metro market leader.
Industrial Acquisitions focus with a to-be-determined time allocation to other asset classes (multifamily, office, life science)
- Collaborate with NYC Metro Acquisition Team to create an updated industrial acquisition thesis and execution strategy
- Professionally and ethically serve as a representative of our client
- Network (brokers and owners), source, and underwrite new acquisitions
- Negotiate PSAs, broker agreements, financings, ground leases, etc.
- Tour markets and properties, research market conditions, analyze market data
- Author investment committee packages and present investment opportunities
- Lead and work with Asset and Property Management team to perform due diligence on acquisitions
- Work closely with internal team to hire third-party consultants
- Assist in transition of new assets to property and asset management team
- Assist both with hiring of leasing brokers and ensuring value creation on actual leases and timing of sale/sale strategy as part of cradle to grave value creation process
- Participate with the company-wide investment team on investment strategy and regularly report on the macro and NYC Metro industrial market
- Assist in reporting on asset performance with internal stakeholders such as Asset Management, Accounting, Property Management, and Construction to firm leadership
- Possess an understanding of local and state entitlement pathways and be able to assess entitlement risk for ground-up and change of use to industrial development projects would be a plus
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 5 – 10 years of experience networking, sourcing and underwriting value add industrial acquisition opportunities in the tri-state area
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office – Argus would be a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly, work both independently and as a team member, and to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in an organized and efficient manner
- This position will require travel throughout the tri-state area with a special/primary focus on New Jersey (north, central and southern) and metro Philadelphia with a lesser focus on Long Island, Westchester and Fairfield Counties