We are looking for an astute, determined professional to fulfill an Investment Vice President role within our client’s Multifamily Asset Management team. The ideal candidate will showcase their success through collaboration, ownership and innovation. The individual’s expertise in emerging trends and practices will evoke stimulating discussions around optimization and change to help keep their competitive edge. This rewarding opportunity will enable a candidate to make a big impact in their organization.
- Provide general asset management and direction for a portfolio of multifamily properties. This includes frequent contact and direction with property managers and operating partners.
- Evaluate potential development transactions in terms of overall deal strength as well as portfolio suitability. Review initial documentation for transactions -- interacting with partners, lenders, attorneys and deal team. Monitor the construction process and manage issues with partners, consultants and lenders.
- Oversee the budget process and preparation of the annual strategic plan for each property. Review periodic property reports and track operating performance. Prepare regular updates summarizing results and respond to information requests
- Provide assistance to the portfolio management and transactions teams for both the acquisition and disposition of properties
- Understand general trends and individual property markets / submarkets
- Supervise and train analysts
- Prepare analyses of various investment decisions – leasing; financing; acquisition; hold/sell
- Review quarterly appraisals for factual accuracy and consistency with other similar properties
Our client is a diversified asset management business with over $1.4 trillion in assets under management. With 38 offices spanning 16 countries, they are among the world’s top-10 largest asset managers. Their platform is comprised of seven self-governing asset management divisions, each vertical offers a distinct workplace culture that aligns with the firm’s ultimate objective: to provide premier service to their clients while fostering an inclusive workplace culture that is rooted in trust, respect and equality.
As one of the largest real estate managers in the world with more than $180 billion in gross assets under management and administration, our client strives to deliver exceptional outcomes for investors and borrowers through a range of real estate equity and debt solutions across the risk-return spectrum. Their scope of insights, rigorous risk management and seamless execution are backed by a 50-year legacy of investing in commercial real estate, a 140-year history of real estate financing and the deep local expertise of professionals in 32 cities globally.
Through their investment, financing, asset management and talent management approach, they engage in practices that ignite positive environmental and social impact, while pursuing activities that strengthen communities around the world. When individuals join their team, they’ll find themselves inspired by an inclusive company culture that believes that diversity of all kinds allows them to develop better and more innovative solutions for their clients.
Our client is focused on creating a fully inclusive culture, where all employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. They don’t just accept difference—they celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it. Employees have a unique opportunity to build their career path by owning their development, their career and their future. They encourage employees to hone their skills and explore continued opportunities within the platform.
- Bachelor’s degree required in finance, accounting, economics; emphasis in real estate preferred
- Candidates must have at least 10 years of related real estate experience preferably with development and multifamily asset management experience; experience working with joint venture partners a plus
- Understanding of key real estate agreements including leases, purchase and sale agreements, management and leasing agreements, partnership agreements, development agreements and loan agreements.
- Understanding of basic real estate terms and concepts such as net leases, gross leases, contracts, rents, percentage rents, operating expenses, capital expenditures, recovery of expenses, property types and basic finance concepts such as NOI returns, cash flow returns, internal rate of return, present value/discounted cash flow, capital markets
- Awareness of portfolio goals and ability to develop and monitor specific plans for individual investments that contributes to these goals
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills; ability to develop and ask questions, negotiate acceptable terms with third parties and to make presentations to senior management, investment committee or clients, when necessary
- Capability of simultaneously handling multiple assignments and to direct and monitor the activities of others on a systematic basis
Your Desired Skills:
- Ability to use financial and valuation software including Argus
- Experience working with joint venture partners
- Involvement in promoting ESG, proptech and data initiatives
- Possess existing relationships with multifamily developers, property managers and brokers