Seeking highly experienced manager for a growing portfolio of 18 retail and office properties across five states. Work with two asset managers, an accounting department and supervise five property and onsite managers. Oversee maintenance and landscaping crews. Must have extensive experience in developing budgets, CAM reconciliations, all types of leases and lease provisions, contracts, insurance, tax protests, building systems, TI construction, preventive and routine building maintenance and repairs. Hands on position with great growth potential for a motivated individual who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proven success communicating with the national retail tenants at executive management level.
- Develop and grow the portfolio by assisting with marketing, social media, holiday and special events.
- Leader of several staff requiring a proactive management approach to operations and project needs.
- Coordinate repairs and tenant improvements.
- Prepare lease summaries/abstracts, including updates.
- Provides guidance and direction for property procedures for both leasing and operations.
- Work with the Asset Management and Leasing Brokers to facilitate new leasing and renewals.
- Negotiate vendor contracts.
- Prepare annual budgets.
- Prepare year-end tenant CAM reconciliations.
- Actively involved in property inspections which may require travel and any other required property projects that may be given.
- Within the property management department:
- Reviews and approves invoices/contracts within assigned approval limits.
- Manages vendor and tenant insurance certificate compliance.
- Manages utilities billings and supports ongoing project sustainability initiatives.
- Schedule/oversee all systems inspections such as fire life safety, elevators, HVAC, roof…etc.
- Responsible for financial reporting such as monthly budget/actual variances, A/R, lease expectations and market conditions.
- Manages and recommends Capital Improvement projects such as parking lot, roof, HVAC systems, and tenant improvements.
- Oversee workload and performance of Assistant Property Manager.
- Provide management feedback and recommendations based on tenant’s monthly sales performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Over the last six decades, our client has built a nationwide reputation as one of the most innovative and versatile owners and developers of commercial real estate. With a long track record of increasing value by creating sustainably profitable properties throughout the United States, they have owned, developed, leased and managed over 7,000,000 square feet of retail, office, residential, industrial and hospitality properties. In the past three years, the company has completed $43 million of capital expenditures and secured $30 million of debt financing.
Additionally, our client is a nationally-recognized leader in environmentally-sustainable real estate concepts. They are dedicated to ensuring that all of their projects employ methods and practices that serve to sustain the environment and positively impact the welfare of the planet and future generations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a relevant field such as business, real estate or management
- 10 + years overall experience in commercial real estate management
- Three (3) years of supervisor and management experience
- Ability to use office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax/scan machines
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written) required
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload
- Must be to work with sensitive and confidential material with discretion and confidentiality
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English
- Must have a good driving record, valid, driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a reliable vehicle
- Master’s degree in business administration or real estate
- Dependable, self-motivated, punctual, and efficient in handling work assignments
- Ability to maintain a high degree of proficiency while under pressure and with frequent interruptions
- Able to work with a diverse group of people, including people who are under pressure or in crisis
- Strong team player, friendly, patient, self-motivated
- Professional appearance and manner
- Ability to supervise and lead a team