Our client is a regional real estate development, investment, and management company with over 2.5 million square feet of office, industrial and retail real estate under management throughout New England. The firm is looking to add a highly motivated, strategic, team player to join its growing asset management department currently overseeing their entire portfolio.
The firm is seeking an Asset Management Analyst to assist the Director of Asset Management on strategizing, developing, and executing on asset plans to maximize the value of each property. The Asset Management Analyst will report to the Director of Asset Management and support the Asset Management, Finance, and Accounting Teams.
• Assist in the creation and implementation of strategic business plans for each property to maximize value
• Produce and oversee Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the property
• Produce quarterly updated 5 and 10-year pro-formas of owned assets
• Preform year-end valuation updates
• Perform annual Sell/Hold analysis or sooner on occurrence of strategic business plan execution
• Assist in the preparation of year-end asset review reports for partners and forward-looking business plans.
• Preform credit analysis, net effective rental analysis, and investment analysis of potential tenants
• Assist with the preparation and update of internal annual and quarterly operating and capital budgets for the properties
• Monitor and track tenant lease expiration reports
• Stay current on local market dynamics and understand how each asset is positioned within the market and against competition
• Review the monthly financial reporting provided by property managers to ensure compliance to business plan
• Collaborate with acquisition, construction, finance, and development professionals.
• Respond to specific internal and external requests with respect to asset-level financial performance/projections, accounting, property information, operations, strategic initiatives, market/competitive analysis, etc.
• Accompany the Director of Asset Management on property visits and market tours
• Candidates must have at least 1-3 years of related real estate experience.
• Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Self-motivated; ability to develop and ask questions
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills specifically in the context of presentation to cross functional teams
• A strong sense of drive and ambition with potential to grow into roles of greater responsibility
• Ability to work well with internal and external partners and clients
• Commitment to perform exceptional work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
• Prior use of ARGUS valuation software preferred