Our client, a real estate investment trust (REIT) focused on the acquisition and operation of single-tenant, industrial properties throughout the United States is looking for a Markets Analyst to join their team. The analyst will work as a support to the VP – Markets, to gather and analyze pertinent information regarding the variety of markets, in which STAG actively invests.
The position produces recommendations for market rent growth in the acquisition/underwriting process, as well as for disposition and Asset Management purposes. In addition to rent growth, the analyst participates in research initiatives at the directive of the VP and Senior Management, with topics ranging from capital markets, macro-economic outlook, portfolio composition, and other investment strategy projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Current assessments of the markets STAG actively invests and owns within.
· Weekly market rent growth recommendations for each deal prospected.
· Remaining up-to-date on big picture issues such as nation-wide industrial real estate fundamentals and the US macro-economic outlook.
· Various additional research and internal management initiatives.
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Economics, Finance, or Math.
· Years of Experience? 0-3 years of professional experience
· Strong Excel skills/competency.
· Familiarity with economic data and data sets, generally.
· Verbal and written communication skills.
· Comfortability with public speaking/making presentations.