Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume to:
Sierra Olney | email@example.com | 401-487-4898
Florida, Raleigh, D.C
Our client is a highly driven real estate company that acquires, develops, and builds apartment communities in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, the Carolinas and the Mid-Atlantic. Aventon has nearly 4,000 units under construction and a ground-up development pipeline of more than 3,000 additional units. The Principals of Aventon have developed/acquired more than 38,000 multi-family units over the past 25 years across the Company’s East Coast footprint. The company has offices in Bethesda MD, Raleigh NC, Orlando FL, Tampa FL and West Palm Beach FL. With an experienced yet nimble team, their firm offers the expertise, track record, and connections of an established institutional organization with the unique level of attention and focus of an entrepreneurial company. They provide expertise across development, acquisitions, construction and asset management.
Our client is currently seeking a highly motivated Analyst or Senior Analyst, Finance & Investments with a passion for commercial real estate. This newly created position is responsible for supporting all capital markets functions and will be responsible for market analysis, underwriting and research for ground-up developments, acquisitions, and dispositions.
This position reports directly to the Senior Associate, Finance & Investments and will also work directly with the President, as well as other senior executives. Additionally, the position has significant interaction with other departments within the company. The Financial Analyst will be a key member of an engaged and dynamic team - part of culture of delivering innovation and excellence.
• Transaction Underwriting - analysis and assessment of development and acquisition projects which may include analysis of rent/opex levels, identification of new construction pipeline, assessment of sales comps, demographic study/analysis, real estate tax underwriting, etc.
• Financial Modeling – build out project-level financial models for apartment development and acquisition projects involving project budgeting, revenue/opex forecasting, capital structure modeling and return analysis, etc.
• Capital Markets – review of equity and debt term sheets, discuss modeling, research, due diligence and underwriting with capital providers, and monitor loan provisions and compliance with loan and equity reporting requirements, etc.
• Investment Package Preparation – create investment packages for all development and acquisition projects for presentation to equity and debt providers, create and update corporate presentations, etc.
• Asset Management – monitor, analyze and forecast: lease-ups, revenue, expenses, liaise with third party providers (including property management), cash flow analysis, due diligence, etc.
• Dispositions/Miscellaneous – Perform analysis on dispositions and help coordinate due diligence and closing; Prepare ad-hoc analysis including modeling various waterfall structures/estimating asset value/modeling distributions/etc. Collaborate with development, construction, legal, leasing, and property management, and prepare ad hoc analysis to support decision making.
• Bachelor’s degree - a concentration in Finance or Economics is preferred.
• 1 + years accounting, credit, asset management, investment or financing experienced required, exposure to multifamily preferred.
• Excellent numerical aptitude with a sound understanding of NPV, IRR and TVM principles.
• Proficient financial modeling with advanced Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to work independently, under tight deadlines; self-starter with proactive nature.
• Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills; able to efficiently prioritize multiple tasks.
• Extremely detail-oriented and analytical; ability to problem solve and propose real-time solutions.
• Able to travel from time-to-time (but not extensively).