Interested and Qualified Candidates, please submit resume and letter of interest to:
Sierra Olney| email@example.com |617-247-0505
Our client is a Boston based, entrepreneurial real estate investment manager focused on acquiring and managing high quality industrial assets. Founded in 2014, this rapidly growing firm boasts a localized and varied investment strategy; their principals offer over 35 years of commercial real estate expertise having represented over $3.5 billion in total transactions. In late 2019, the firm partnered with one of the top private equity real estate firms nationally to execute a strategy of high quality, infill industrial properties. This partnership has closed and/or has under contract more than 40 transactions totaling over 5 million square feet and has been one of the most active industrial buyers in the Boston MSA. Over the past few years our client has successfully deployed over $1 Billion of capital, and the joint venture plans to continue to grow its portfolio throughout New England, the Tri-State area and the Mid-Atlantic.
Our client is currently seeking an Analyst/Associate that will be based in the Boston headquarters office. This position will provide direct assistance to the various members of the Investment Team in supporting the Acquisitions and Asset Management functions in the following areas: evaluating potential acquisitions and lease transactions, producing internal and external investment memorandums, developing business plans, assisting in the due diligence process, drafting internal, investor and lender presentations and evaluating the local markets to identify changes and trends and the related impact on real estate values and investment strategies.
• Evaluate potential equity, debt, and development opportunities and build financial models using Argus Enterprise and Excel.
• Participate in the drafting and implementation of strategic business plans that will govern an asset’s daily operations, position in the market, and ultimate disposition.
• Assist in creating investment memorandums, weekly acquisitions pipeline, and monthly asset management report.
• Assist with transaction due diligence responsibilities, which include supporting the acquisitions team to abstract leases, verify underwriting, review historical financials, conduct CAM reconciliations, and review property due diligence reports.
• Assist in acquisition closings process and the acquisition financing process.
• Oversee and participate in the creation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for investors and senior management.
• Participate in the valuation process of each asset on a quarterly basis, working with analytics team and consultants.
• Provide regular written and oral status reports and ad hoc reports on request.
• Seeking 2-5 years of relevant capital markets, real estate banking or commercial real estate experience.
• Strong financial modeling skills.
• Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to effectively work and communicate with team members.
• Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills.
• Exceptional business writing ability.
• A strong interest in real estate investment.
• Self-managed, able to work well independently and within a small team.
• High level of initiative, strong work ethic and willingness to work across teams.
• Creative and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Broad understanding of real estate product types a plus