Our client is a leading commercial real estate investment and development firm, having successfully acquired, developed, re-positioned, and managed over five million square feet of real estate over the past 35 years.
Focused on high-quality mixed-use development assets in leading gateway markets, with a strong emphasis on creative placemaking and value add approaches to real estate, the firm is among the top tier of real estate development and management firms in the New England market.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for assisting the Area Manager in maintaining all aspects of property operations. The 841,700 SF property, located in the Fenway, consists of two buildings joined by ground-floor retail space. There are 172 luxury residences, and 239,010 SF of Class A office space. It is the Assistant General Manager’s responsibility to know and adhere to all federal, state, and local laws, as well as all the policies and procedures contained in the manuals issued by our client.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Conduct monthly wellness checks with key tenant clients with Client Services Manager to develop, nurture, and maintain relationships and develop action steps for improvement
· Prepare associate reviews for Area Manager approval
· Deliver associate reviews for managed areas with Area Manager
· Assist Area Manager with recruitment and selection of talent
· Manage parking through VPNE including but not limited to cleanliness, policy enforcement, and tenant issues
· Manage interior landscaping and site-wide holiday décor through CityScapes
· Manage cleaning through C&W with a focus on financial aspects
· Approve pricing in YieldStar daily
· Process all checks and wires
· Review accuracy of residential and tenant ledgers
· Review monthly GL and quarterly reports to review with Area Manager
· Complete monthly variance notes, monthly operations report, and monthly asset management report for Area Manager review
· Assist in the development of the annual budget
· Approve weekly payroll
· Review and sign new and renewal residential leases
· Develop and maintain all Standard Operating Procedures for managed areas
· Manage construction projects happening in the building when they are impacting the tenant experience including coordinating and investigating construction issues and noises
· Manage tenant communication relating to construction projects
· Prepare renewal letters and update renewal tracker with Leasing Manager
· Manage renewal process with Leasing Manager (follow up, negotiation, commitment and entering in Yardi)
· Send “Friendly Reminder” emails to all residents who will receive a 14-day Notice to Quit
· Send 14 Day Notices to Quit in accordance with state law
· Follow up with delinquent accounts and follow eviction process in accordance with state law
· Attend and/or conduct all required meetings including daily huddle with Service team, Leasing Manager & Client Service Manager, weekly meeting with Leasing Manager to review leasing, pricing and renewals, weekly management meeting with Area Manager & Area Operations, weekly cadence and GM meeting, and monthly financial review meetings.
Qualifications and Skills:
· College degree preferred.
· Real Estate of business-related course of study preferred
· Sales experience and or/ real estate leasing required
· Property management and leasing experience is essential
· Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills necessary
· Experience with Yardi, MRI, YieldStar, and LevelOne is preferred
· Ability to interpret, evaluate, and communicate detailed written or verbal instructions to other accurately and quickly, including answering phones, attending meetings, written correspondence, or other forms of communication
· Ability to lift, push, pull or carry up to 15 pounds for the dissemination of documents, supplies, materials, etc. to various locations throughout the office/facility
Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.