Interested and Qualified Candidates, please submit resume to:
Sierra Olney| email@example.com |617-247-0505
Our client is a real estate investment management company known for its vertically integrated platform and expertise in the multifamily sector. This organization is a people-focused investment manager with national experience in U.S. residential real estate. With over 50 years of experience, they manage approximately $27 billion in real estate assets on behalf of their global institutional clients. Our client aspires to improve lives through expert capital stewardship and exceptional living experiences. Their reputation for innovation and prudence attracts residents in the U.S. and investors from across the nation and from around the globe.
The Assistant Vice President, Asset Management will be responsible for the oversight, performance, and management of debt and equity investments in a portfolio of multifamily assets located in multiple markets throughout the U.S. This position is strategic in nature and will be responsible for providing input on the execution of property level business plans. This will include budget reviews and approvals, performance reporting, oversight of major capital renovations, evaluation of rent pricing strategies, and participation in acquisitions, dispositions, and property financings. The Assistant Vice President will work collaboratively in a team environment with third parties, including third party owner / operators, and all facets of the Company including members of the Portfolio Management, Accounting, Property Management, Investments, Capital Markets, Valuation, Research, and Legal teams.
Essential Functions/ Job Qualifications:
• Review Property Business Plans for preferred equity and mezzanine investments, provide input to JV/LPs on the Plans, and oversee execution of the Plans to optimize investment performance.
• Participate in property-level discussions and reviews with the JV asset management team, including rent pricing, property budgets, renovation scope/pacing and capital expenditures.
• Perform asset and investment-level reviews, ensuring comprehensive detail and data has been provided from Borrower, regarding property financial performance, valuation, and capital deployment effectiveness.
• Compare current and trailing performance to prior period reporting and to underwriting;
o Analyze negative trends
o Review source data for outliers
• Develop strong working relationships with all team members including JV partners (asset management and leadership), on-site property and regional managers, and third parties.
• Review and make recommendations on loan documents, purchase and sale agreements, operating agreements, and vendor agreements.
• Prepare property reporting packages for senior leadership.
• Communicate investment status and Plan updates to senior management on monthly and quarterly basis.
• Visit markets and properties on a regular basis to validate and finalize business plan assumptions, to monitor property operations, and identify opportunities and issues to improve operations.
• Stay informed on market information and work closely with the Research and Equity Investment and Asset Management teams to stay abreast of their viewpoints and recommended course of action for each market they cover.
• Consistently demonstrate use of tact and discretion.
• An MBA, Masters, or bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Management or Real Estate is preferred.
• Strong computer skills; experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with Yardi and/or Argus a plus.
• Demonstrated advanced financial modeling and Excel skills required.
• Aptitude for organizing, prioritizing, and managing multiple priorities, using critical thinking and problem solving.
• Demonstrated multi-modal communication style that reaches every stakeholder, specifically excellent verbal, and written communications.
• Ability to communicate with and manage up to senior management.
• Collaborative working style with inclusive work and thinking behaviors, commitment to excellence in teams and work product, with a strong work ethic.
• Demonstrate emotional intelligence in high pressure and sensitive situations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Products (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, Power Point); demonstrated ability to use and learn new technology (e.g., computers/hardware, mobile, software, cloud-based programs).
• Tenacity, patience, and perseverance to work with business deals from beginning to end of process.
• Represent the company’s employment brand well to candidates by seeking to understand the capabilities and insights of people with unique backgrounds, cultures, styles, and abilities.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and communications of information.
• Develop productive working relationships with all team members including JV partners, property managers, project managers and third parties.
• Demonstrated high level of ethics and integrity with a straightforward and honest approach.
• Demonstrated management skills with track record of building teams and identifying, mentoring, and growing talent. (Managers Only).