Interested and Qualified Candidates, please submit resume and letter of interest to:
Sierra Olney| email@example.com |617-247-0505
Our client is a real estate investment management company known for its vertically integrated platform and expertise in the multifamily sector. Our client is a people-focused investment manager with national experience in U.S. residential real estate. With over 50 years of experience, they manage approximately $27 billion in real estate assets on behalf of their global institutional clients. Our client aspires to improve lives through expert capital stewardship and exceptional living experiences. Their reputation for innovation and prudence attracts residents in the U.S. and investors from across the nation and from around the globe.
The Assistant Controller will ensure that property accounting and fund financial information is accurately captured, classified, and recorded in the form of financial statements for assigned portfolios. This position will provide timely and accurate internal and external reporting about assigned funds financial and operational matters.
• Oversee assigned property and/or debt investment accounting staff and review account reconciliations and financial statements prepared by them.
• Oversee the monthly property and/or debt investment and Fund/Account closing and consolidation process for their portfolios.
• Analyze and understand budget to actual results for discussion with senior executives.
• Responsible for preparation and review of the quarterly financial statements and investor reports.
• Monitor accounting and reporting compliance with Fund/Account partnership agreements and investor side letters.
• Manage investment management fee and incentive fee calculations.
• Prepare joint venture waterfall calculations, as applicable.
• Manage preparation of the capital accounts, including roll forwards and the quarterly ownership recalculations, where applicable.
• Manage the returns calculations (TWR or IRRs) and benchmarking, as applicable.
• Responsible for calculation of distributions to general and limited partners, noncontrolling interest partners, property and/or debt investment distributions and Fund/Account distributions on a monthly/quarterly basis, or when applicable, for assigned portfolios.
• Where applicable, perform or oversee preparation of debt covenant compliance and debt service requirements of investor loans.
• Where applicable, perform the calculation of debt fair market value.
• Where applicable, manage MSCI and INREV submissions and investor’s quarterly/semi- annual requests.
• Oversee external audit process for assigned portfolio.
• Manage third party relationships with joint venture partners, servicers, or fee managed property owners, as applicable.
• Manage and develop Performance Reporting Accounting staff.
• Manage adherence to internal controls surrounding financial reporting disclosure and compliance, and enhance internal controls as needed.
• Perform other ad hoc accounting duties as required.
• Consistently demonstrate use of tact and discretion.
o Minimum of five years of experience (seven years preferred) including real estate or private equity industry.
o Real Estate Funds/Debt Funds and fair value financial reporting experience preferred.
o Internal controls – Registered Investment Adviser/Sarbanes Oxley experience preferred.
o Experience with financial statements preparation required.
o Strong analytical skills with attention to details.
o Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
o Meeting time sensitive deadlines and managing variable workloads.
o Bachelor’s degree in business administration required, accounting concentration preferred.
o Strong computer skills and ability to adapt to technology changes.
o CPA license and public accounting experience preferred