Interested and qualified candidates contact: Sara Marsh: firstname.lastname@example.org
and/or Sierra Olney: email@example.com
Our client is a real estate private equity firm with a strong history of successful real estate investment, management, and development. This vertically integrated firm is based in the heart of Boston, with regional offices in the metropolitan New York City and Washington D.C. areas. The firm’s primary investment vehicles are Fund III, a $360 million value-add investment vehicle, and Fund IV, a $650 million value-add investment vehicle. They focus on select industrial, life science, multifamily, and other investments where they can create value, provide increased margins of safety, and maximize risk-adjusted returns.
The role of the Assistant Vice President/Vice President, Investor Relations is to focus on the marketing and servicing of our client’s real estate funds to the institutional marketplace. This role offers an exciting opportunity to join an entrepreneurial firm with a 20+ year history of success. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer & Head of Capital, this individual will provide key support to investor relations, product development, and fundraising activities, in addition to serving as a crucial member of the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer’s communications team. This position must develop and maintain a comprehensive, strategic, and technical knowledge of the clients’ funds, the competitive landscape, and the overall real estate investment industry.
• Create content for all investor related correspondence and presentations including quarterly reporting letters, annual year-end letters, Limited Partner Annual Meeting presentations, and Limited Partner Advisory Committee presentations.
• Assist with drafting private placement memorandums for new fund offerings.
• Create content for marketing collateral – presentation books, investment summaries, research papers, etc. - in connection with raising capital from prospective clients for new funds.
• Respond to RFPs and due diligence questionnaires from prospective clients and consultants.
• Produce deliverables to respond to ongoing investor and consultant information requests.
• Monitor competitive landscape including fund offerings, performance and investor activity.
• Update and enhance information on the firm’s website and client portal.
• Assist with the creation, maintenance and organization of marketing collateral and investor presentation materials.
• Support the management and maintenance of CRM (Juniper Square) database, investor portal accounts, and investor mailings (primarily electronic).
• Assist with management of the firm’s public relations activities including website updates, press releases, and corporate branding initiatives.
• Assist team with conducting prospective investor research and assemble prospect profiles.
• Provide the highest level of service to existing and prospective investors.
• Assist with management of investor legal documentation.
• Collaborate on planning and organizing investor meetings.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree; minimum of 5 plus years professional experience in investment management industry; experience in real estate investment management, research and investor relations strongly preferred.
• CRM Database experience is a plus.
• Sharp, confident multi-tasker who is flexible, proactive, and adapts quickly in a fast-paced team-oriented work environment.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office; experience in creating high-level presentations and graphics using PowerPoint required.
• High degree of integrity and discretion with regard to confidential information and data.
• Highly organized with ability to prioritize tasks efficiently, maintain meticulous attention to detail, and manage multiple projects/relationships.
• Goal oriented work ethic with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and follow-through.
• Friendly, energetic, and professional approach to interactions with both internal and external constituencies.
• Ownership mentality, action-oriented self-starter.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.