Interested and Qualified candidates, please submit resume to:
Sierra Olney, Senior Director, | email@example.com | (401)-487- 4898 and/or
Kate Mecke, Director, | firstname.lastname@example.org | (617)-721-0535
Our client is a New York based industry leader in commercial real estate debt investments; since inception in 2018 they have originated over $10B across various products including senior bridge, stretched seniors, mezzanine debt, and preferred equity. Additionally, they have successfully financed debt positions through various structures including repurchase facilities and securitizations (CLO & CMBS). Their seasoned team has successfully scaled similar debt platforms through various market cycles. Our client’s two core strategies focus on originating multifamily bridge loans and investing in high yield bonds secured by multifamily mortgages. Their MF1 strategy is a mortgage REIT solely focused on providing capital to the multifamily sector, including bridge loans, preferred equity, and special situations on multifamily properties. MF1 is led by several seasoned debt and multifamily professionals between our client and their partner, Berkshire Residential Investments. The principals of MF1 worked together at Deutsche Bank for several years after DB bought a leading Fannie/Freddie multifamily origination platform from Berkshire Residential Investments. The firm will also execute opportunistically on select commercial real estate special situations.
Our client’s Originations Team is seeking to hire an Associate and/or Senior Associate. In this role, the potential candidate will analyze and execute attractive risk-adjusted return real estate credit opportunities as well as perform select asset management responsibilities with members of the team. The potential candidate will need to possess relevant experience and an interest in working on complex assets/transactions across property types and the capital structure, specifically multifamily experience is preferred. The potential candidate should be able to maintain strong attention to detail, handle changing workload priorities and show excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Model cash flows, analyze property valuations, and review third party reports.
· Screening potential real estate investment opportunities across the capital stack.
· Drafting Screening and Investment Committee Memorandums detailing deal merits, financial metrics, risks and mitigants and market data
· Performing asset management/portfolio monitoring tasks, including putting together internal updates (memorandums, model updates, etc.), executing business plans, including working directly with Sponsors, and other third parties.
· Write and prepare loan proposals and underwriting / due diligence packages.
· Maintain data integrity for underwriting applications.
· Assist senior underwriters in performing market surveys and standard due diligence.
· Prepare analytics for new loan proposals and/or development of new reports.
· Work with senior originators and CRE business leaders on commercial debt financing including: screening, underwriting, preliminary due diligence, loan structuring, negotiations, financial modeling, valuation, credit analysis and deal memo preparation.
· Review and organize property level due diligence: income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, rent roll, lease review and construction budgets.
· Support senior originations professionals in organizing and writing pursuit and investment-committee memoranda.
· Strategic and operational involvement with existing portfolio including on-going financial modeling/ underwriting activities, asset valuation, forecasting and reporting.
· 2-6 years of commercial real estate underwriting/originations experience.
· Advanced financial modeling skills with experience modeling CRE assets and capital structures.
· Outstanding writing skills including the ability to communicate articulately and concisely with clients.
· Ability to multitask while maintaining organization.
· Strong work ethic, analytical and interpersonal skills.
· High integrity, entrepreneurial drive, and intellectual curiosity are a must.