Our client’s Originations Team is seeking to hire an Associate and/or Senior Associate. In this role, the potential candidate will analyze and execute attractive risk-adjusted return real estate credit opportunities as well as perform select asset management responsibilities with members of the team. The potential candidate will need to possess relevant experience and an interest in working on complex assets/transactions across property types and the capital structure, specifically multifamily experience is preferred. The potential candidate should be able to maintain strong attention to detail, handle changing workload priorities and show excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Model cash flows, analyze property valuations, and review third party reports.
- Screening potential real estate investment opportunities across the capital stack.
- Drafting Screening and Investment Committee Memorandums detailing deal merits, financial metrics, risks and mitigants and market data
- Performing asset management/portfolio monitoring tasks, including putting together internal updates (memorandums, model updates, etc.), executing business plans, including working directly with Sponsors, and other third parties.
- Write and prepare loan proposals and underwriting / due diligence packages.
- Maintain data integrity for underwriting applications.
- Assist senior underwriters in performing market surveys and standard due diligence.
- Prepare analytics for new loan proposals and/or development of new reports.
- Work with senior originators and CRE business leaders on commercial debt financing including: screening, underwriting, preliminary due diligence, loan structuring, negotiations, financial modeling, valuation, credit analysis and deal memo preparation.
- Review and organize property level due diligence: income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, rent roll, lease review and construction budgets.
- Support senior originations professionals in organizing and writing pursuit and investment-committee memoranda.
- Strategic and operational involvement with existing portfolio including ongoing financial modeling/ underwriting activities, asset valuation, forecasting and reporting.
- 2-6 years of commercial real estate underwriting/originations experience.
- Advanced financial modeling skills with experience modeling CRE assets and capital structures.
- Outstanding writing skills including the ability to communicate articulately and concisely with clients.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining organization.
- Strong work ethic, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- High integrity, entrepreneurial drive, and intellectual curiosity are a must.